Suspension Cuffs & Panic Snaps

I really like to read articles that have to do with safe playing techniques.

This one, from prodomme.com, really addresses some of the concerns that I've had with dealing with suspension bondage:

http://www.prodomme.com/how-to-use-s...ign=feb2+promo

While reading this article, there was mention of using panic snaps to provide another layer of safety while playing.

Again, just good information to know if you're involved with different types of bondage.

http://www.strapworks.com/Metal_Panic_Snaps_p/mps.htm

The above is kindof an odd site but you can order panic snaps from there (and in colors, too!) and there is a video that is rather helpful about the subject, although it has NOTHING to do with BDSM at all (it's kindof offbeat, actually)!

Sharing is caring!

lol

Best,
Elisabeth
Attached Images File Type: jpg suspension cuffs.jpg (21.2 KB, 280 views)
Nice info Elizabeth, thank you. Let us not forget the method of attachment and bracing in the ceiling for such fun is also a consideration, unless one is using an A-frame or other freestanding support. Love the idea; fairly simple from a preparation standpoint and lots of benefit.
Elizabeth, thanks for posting this kind of info and the links. Let's be safe out there.

Love the guy in the video with no idea why they are called panic snaps.

M
I don't do true suspension bondage/shabari. I don't have enough knowledge to do it safely. I have quick release snaps for when either I, or someone else is tied,just in case. I can't remember what weight they are, but they should not be used in suspension bondage. A fast release should not put the person at more risk from a sudden landing, which panic snaps would do. I also have safety scissors at hand in case someone wants out of the bondage fast. I do have suspension cuffs to be used on me by those I really trust and know.

Please play safely!!!
thanks for the strapworks website, I had not seen it before. Very good source of stuff for rigging and prices look reasonable. I must say the ol boy in the video looked right at home in the gym

The cuffs above are good for suspending someone's arms above their head, but should not be used to suspend off the floor. They depend on grip to keep pressure off the wrists, lose ur grip and they would put way too much pressure on wrists
It might be better to find a craftsman who can custom design and make cuffs with a quick release snap or catch. Most over the counter may not be suitable beyond 200lbs. In that case, woven canvas straps might be better, also will the hardware hold, the chains? The framework?
Things to consider so as not to inflict unintentional pain.
Quite a lot of equestrian (horse) handling equipment have quick release built in.
Some of which are exactly the snaps in EW's second link.