The Little City witth the Big Parade ???

I was in Hammond Last month and a client told me of the name of a small City near Hammond that has a pretty huge Parade the Thursday before Fat Tuesday? !!
I can not think of it to save my life I should of wrote it down . Any body have any idea whay I am talking about?
Probably Covington or Mandeville.
Bogalusa has a tremendous parade for such a small city but it is the Saturday before Mardi Gras Tuesday.
I am in Mississippi now and they are having Parardes Today? I told the bar tender Fat Tuesday is not till the 17th? she said no it is early this year cause Easter is Early? Comfused me a little then realized I am In the Sip. lol
Thanks for the info that City is still an hr from Hammond I think the City was closer UGH,, I wish I would of written it down.
I need an app that has a map and i can put push pins in every city ..like my favorite hotels places to eat to do list when I go there sugesstios others have given stay away places etc etc etc.
http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/schedule.html

New Orleans, Metairie, Chalmette, Slidell, Mandeville & Covington all have parades. Fat Tuesday IS Feb. 17th--which IS early, b/c Easter is early. It's 40 days before Easter--so whenever Mardi Gras is, Easter Sunday is 40 days later, or March 29th this year. Poor bartender--it doesn't matter what state you're in... unless it's the State of Confusion.

Site linked last year to the BR parades as well--they have them there & in that area too. Along w/Mobile. Have a good time!