Kevin Hart or Sam Smith

My birthday is in August. Kevin Hart and Sam Smith will both be here at same time in mid August. If you had to choose, who would you choose to see? I am having trouble deciding who would be more fun and worth it. I love music and comedians both....
Tough decisions....
Kevin Hart is awesome!!! Have fun!!
  • cr76
  • 02-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Kevin hart- but I prefer stand up to music
Gotta go with Kevin Hart on this one. Always good to laugh when you go out.
My birthday is in August. Kevin Hart and Sam Smith will both be here at same time in mid August. If you had to choose, who would you choose to see? I am having trouble deciding who would be more fun and worth it. I love music and comedians both....
Tough decisions.... Originally Posted by AlexisMoore
Sam Smith all the way because the dude is soulful. Kevin Hart is absolutely not funny at all. All he does is make goofy facial gestures and excessively screams out his delivery of lame jokes. Kevin Hart does not have the comedy pain of Richard Pryor, the story-telling talent of Eddie Murphy, and the intelligence of George Carlin. Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle are probably the best comedians of today.
Let's now pair up Sam Smith with other more soulful, melanin carrying, multiple hit record producing, heterosexual singers and why it better to chose out of the two performing in August 2015 is more worthy to attend.
Kevin Hart is absolutely not funny at all. All he does is make goofy facial gestures and excessively screams out his delivery of lame jokes. Kevin Hart does not have the comedy pain of Richard Pryor, the story-telling talent of Eddie Murphy, and the intelligence of George Carlin. Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle are probably the best comedians of today. Originally Posted by FrenchToast
I agree with you to an extent. I felt that way about him for the longest but he's slowly improving his stand-up. Yes he should never be compared to those greats. Never. That being said I'm always up for a good laugh. Let's not leave out Kat Williams

This was funny though:

Let's now pair up Sam Smith with other more soulful, melanin carrying, multiple hit record producing, heterosexual singers and why it better to chose out of the two performing in August 2015 is more worthy to attend. Originally Posted by wreckshop
I am just saying that Sam Smith is soulful. I am not personally a fan of his but he can certainly sing compared to quite a few pop stars of today. I would never waste my money on Kevin Hart because of the aforementioned reasons for what I think a good comic should be, so I will opt for the lesser of the two evils. I think women would prefer going to a Sam Smith performance as opposed to a Kevin Hart performance because generally women like those kind of things, gushy performances that touch the heart and pull at the pearl strings, but of course there are exceptions to the rule. Sam Smith's style of soul singing is hurt and anguish. Some might like it and some don't. Sam Smith would be considered a contemporary of Smokey Robinson. One of my favorite Smokey Robinson songs is Being with You.

There aren't too many soulful singers of color that are on top of their game. Sure there is Mary J. Blige but she has passed her peak and spends most of her time being a music ambassador. And then there is R. Kelly who has some of his best stuff in his "opera" but he isn't so great live. Beyonce is overrated beyond imagination and will never reach Whitney Houston status. Some complain that Whitney sounds too white. Lauryn Hill has become a bust but at her peak no one could touch her in hip hop. John Legend seems more like a crooner than a soul or R & B artist.
I agree with you to an extent. I felt that way about him for the longest but he's slowly improving his stand-up. Yes he should never be compared to those greats. Never. That being said I'm always up for a good laugh. Let's not leave out Kat Williams

This was funny though:

Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
This is funnier in my opinion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYkt2RkhsI

Kat Williams can be funny but he relies too heavily on the N word to get his point across. His style is very in your face or guerilla comedy. Some people might have a tough time filtering through the N words to get the gist of his words which are excellent obervations of the outside world. Richard Pryor is the probably the best comedian who utilized the N word in such eloquent fashion. You can actually take out the N word in his comedic pieces and still laugh at them. But he added the word to bring out more the effect of painful humour especially what the African American has to go through in the USA. That's why Richard Pryor is a comic genius and giant.

"I went to jail for income tax evasion, right? I told the judge, I said, `You know, I forgot.' You know, he said, `You'll remember next year, n......'" Richard Pryor, comedian.
I love Sam Smith music and style of music.
Kevin Hart, hes funny, but i have seen "Kings Of Comedy" live and its hard to top that.
Still deciding. Its hard deciding...ugh
I'm really not a Kevin Hart fan. I'd go with Sam Smith
Kevin Hart can be funny. Sometimes.

I'm just now hearing about this Sam Smith character. Folks are already putting memes about him being Boy George's lost son. Now THAT shit was funny being he's a white British gay R&B singer.
Sam smith only sings one song tho.
Too bad u cant go to both.