11-22-1963

I was 9 years old and I remember it like it was yesterday.

It still hurts.
I'm not old enough to remember it...happened almost 2 years before I was born. It STILL managed to dominate my life as few other dates since.
I was in a high school American History class when it was announced "The President has been shot!" At least for a brief moment, I am convinced that every heart in the class missed a beat! What a horrific day!
I grew up in Oak Cliff and was 4 when it happened. At thirteen, my grandparents took me on a two month trailer excursion across the western US and most of Canada. When we told people we were from Dallas the first thing out of their mouths was 'That's where Kennedy was shot.' That was really damning so in High School we'd go in the Texas Theater and sit in the seat LHO sat in when he was captured.

I also literally went to school with David Koresh. My brother who was one year younger than me had class with him.

I was 16, just finished PE when the announcement came over the loudspeaker.

Of course, like everybody, we mourned, and bought into the complete fallacy that was 'Camelot'.

Of course, as time past, and the real truth came out about what sort of man President Kennedy was, and what sort of familly the Kennedys were, the shine has turned to a dull tarnish.

President Kennedy is revered by most of my generation because he was our President, and a little trifle of a man was able to end his life. We will never know what great things, are what disasters he would have bestowed upon us if he would have lived.

As time goes by, I suspect History will be less kind. Most of us now know that the entire Kennedy persona was mostly a fraud, from his supposed "fit and vigor", (he was gravely ill from addisons desease), to his happy marriage to Jackie.

Read Peter Lawford's book. In his own words, he had the job that could best be described as Whitehouse Pimp.
I was 16, just finished PE when the announcement came over the loudspeaker.

Of course, like everybody, we mourned, and bought into the complete fallacy that was 'Camelot'.

Then, as time past, and the real truth came out about what sort of man President Kennedy was, and what sort of familly the Kennedys were, the shine has turned to a dull tarnish.

President Kennedy is revered by most of my generation because he was our President, and a little trifle of a man was able to end his life. We will never know what great things, are what disasters he would have bestowed upon us if he would have lived.

As time goes by, I suspect History will be less kind. Most of us now know that the entire Kennedy persona was mostly a fraud, from his supposed "fit and vigor", (he was gravely ill from addisons desease), to his happy marriage to Jackie.

Read Peter Lawford's book. In his own words, he had the job that could best be described as Whitehouse Pimp.
I was born almost a year later.
I have spent many hours researching this event.
See a film online called jfkII. Very informative.
I am certain that the Warren commissions findings are not accurate.
I will visit dealy plaza again next week.
I am also a collector of 1964 Kennedy Halves.
He was the best President in our era IMO.
a great man! a legend!
  • rwksl
  • 11-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I remember how devastated we all were to hear the news. Even Walter Cronkite got choked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8Q3cqGs7I
I wasn't alive for that, but I was alive for Reagan getting shot...my reaction was a little different than crying and mourning though as I recall...

"You gotta rob to get rich in the Reagan era." - Nino Brown (Wesley Snipes, New Jack City)
I still remember that day;
My mother was very up set and she was not even a democrat;
Bill Clinton half brother;
The government, no matter which party was in power, has lied about everything, from the Kennedy assassination, through Watergate, Oklahoma City, 9/11 and, "weapons of mass destruction". The lies continue right up to today, because the forces that orchestrated the Kennedy murder are still in power today. The people who believed the Warren commission, are the same people who believe in, "Global Warming", and believe that we must sacrifice our rights to fight, "the war on terror". History will show that America was destroyed by the enemy within.

LS
I remember clearly. I heard on the radio while driving to work. Moments after I confirmed the report I recalled the day of the final confrontation of "the Cuban missile crisis" ... the silence and empty streets were memorable.

IMO .. an assault on the U.S. President is an assault on our country.