Better Call Saul

Anyone watching this?

Just like Breaking Bad, the first few shows have been entertaining and funny in a sick sort of way but this weeks episode was pretty captivating.

I liked the Mike character in BB and he's even better in this one(we're getting more back story on exactly who he is).

I can see this series not being so much about Saul directly but the people he encounters in unexpected ways, just like is happening with him and Mike right now.

Dexter was a good model for this type of show what with their new villains each season.
I've been watching the show. It's cool to see Mike being more of a main character in the series than he was in BB.

I like watching Jimmy's eventual descent into becoming Saul Goodman even as he tries to keep from going back to his old ways.
I agree, it's good show for sure.
Have watched since it started,enjoy each episode,because you never know what will happen next to Saul. Mike is a great character.
Breaking Bad is my all time Favorite. I was hesitant to watch Saul Goodman but one of my buddies insisted that i do. I caught up last week and absolutely LOVE it. Badass. You gotta watch it.
It's certainly a different vibe than Breaking Bad. I like the quirkiness of it. Him living in the back of a nail salon, that sort of thing.

I REALLY liked this past episode. The one featuring Mike and explaining his past.

Very intense.
Have seen all episodes and agree with everyone that this last episode was amazing! I'm interested in seeing how his brother ends up thinking he is allergic to electricity. Also love all the cons they've shown him doing in the past. The one with the guy in the alley and the watch was awesome.
Definitely a good show so far. Can't wait to see how it progresses. Hopefully it gets funnier with the twisted comedy it has going so far. The talking toilet bowl was great!
Have seen all episodes and agree with everyone that this last episode was amazing! I'm interested in seeing how his brother ends up thinking he is allergic to electricity. Also love all the cons they've shown him doing in the past. The one with the guy in the alley and the watch was awesome. Originally Posted by strongbad
I think this is the "dumbest" aspect of the show. Who the fuck cares about the brother....to me he is pointless. I can't wait until Saul really starts getting involved in legal cases with these Low Down Dirty Folks.
... The talking toilet bowl was great! Originally Posted by CeasarJ
I had forgotten about that scene. Hilarious. Just nasty.
I think this is the "dumbest" aspect of the show. Who the fuck cares about the brother....to me he is pointless. I can't wait until Saul really starts getting involved in legal cases with these Low Down Dirty Folks. Originally Posted by blackrican11
Now do you understand? His brother telling him he's not a real lawyer looks to be a major reason why Jimmy will become Saul.
I like the whole backstory with the brother and him trying to get his brother's respect and a gig at the law firm. It helps paint the full picture of how he ends up where he was in Breaking Bad.

As in Breaking Bad, he's a weasel but a likable one, and at least for now he's not totally heartless. Mike is a badass too and it's nice to get some background on him as well.

I'm liking the show thus far. I don't mind the multiple episodes of exposition as they work their way towards the meat of the story. In my opinion, they're clearly planning for a multi-season show so they'll get to it sooner or later.
I just finished watching the episode from last night and was REALLY surprised to see an announcement, at the end of the show, that the next show is the season finale.

Did I hear that wrong?

That certainly isn't many episodes for a show in a season.

The whole Mike story line, combining his desire to take care of his daughter in law and grandchild, is rather touching.

Alright, I'm being a GIRL.

Elisabeth
It seems like all the shows are doing that these days. They run shortened "seasons" with a short break in between instead of doing a long season and taking the summer off. I've noticed the trend lately with many of the shows I watch anyway.
I find it interesting to see how Vince is taking the time to pull back the curtain & show us how / why the BCS characters came about (and) how the "dots are eventually connected" to the Breaking Bad series. As we've already caught a brief glimpse of Tuco...I believe as the story (and future episodes) unfolds, it's possible we'll be introduced to more of those people we saw in BB.

We're experiencing a similar transformation (ie: Walt White) right now with Jimmy; the rejection of Jimmy's legitimacy / desire to "do good" by his older brother is the straw that breaks the camel's back. He'll turn his back on Chuck (and the surname McGill) and become Saul Goodman in order to break free and forge his own way. Is it possible the anxious /paranoid Cinnabon worker we saw in episode one emerges again as one of Jimmy's....uhhh, Saul's future clients? Wonder what that dude's story is.....

I also find it interesting the manner in which we're seeing Johnathan Bank's (Mike) character is developing (the background story of his son and how he set up of the two dirty cops was great tv). Mike's transition from retired law enforcer to a Winston Wolf-like "individual contractor" is a bit of a Breaking Bad-like story, as well. As you'll recall (flash forward) Mike not only did work for Saul as a private investigator, he also was a "hitman and cleaner" for Gus Fring......who was eventually introduced to our BB blue-meth producing heroes, right?

Just connecting the dots......and that's what makes for interesting / compelling TV IMO.

Now do you understand? His brother telling him he's not a real lawyer looks to be a major reason why Jimmy will become Saul. Originally Posted by boardman