Bartering for Beef

As most of you, I no longer live in the states and have moved back to Australia. Since Eccie popularity is minimal, I reach out to New Orleans board.

I had a couple show up on the ranch Saturday. By looking at them, I knew they had little to no money and had a family to. Asking to speak to the owner of the ranch I was approached. When I was told of their dilemma, his wife offered to tree sex for beef.

Well, I felt bad. I gave the couple an old Holstien "Milk-Cow" that didn't produce.

I didn't barter sexual relations with his wife. What I did do, is give the man a job on the ranch, cleaning the stalls for the horses and feeding the cattle until he can prove himself.

On a further note. His wife fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Now heres the question. Is bartering still common in the Provider/hobbyist circle?
Bartering is particularly problematic in my profession, so I don't see anyone professionally and then arrange dates.

I do barter my services for venison - or wild caught fish, or oysters fresh off the dock, or duck.

I'd rather pay for play, and then, if i'm going to get paid, set the price.

Plus, I charge more per hour than most of these girls - so they always over value what they have to offer.

I have been approached, but that is a line that, for professional reasons, I don't cross.