just had my wisdom teeth pulled. :(

Now I am just waiting for the meds and pain to kick in.

Anyone else had theirs out? How long before you ate, smoked, or was able to drive/run around town?
I had mine out when I was around 21-22 years old.

Let me say this...

All 4 of mine were impacted. I had almost no pain (surgeon must've been a sorcerer). I smoked twice a day for a few days & mostly ate soup. I did the regular salt-water thingy.

The only downside for me really was the constant taste of blood... ugh that made my stomach churn after a couple days.

Recovered in a week & just played it safe for a while w/ foods & cold things.

I didn't drive, & took very little pain medicine - I don't like pills.
Use that syringe tool to keep the holes cleaned out. They will get nasty if you don't.
How ya feelin'?
@ Geektoy 123 You lucky dog lol I was out of commission with my mouth for nearly a month then had to do it again

I had all four of mine removed 2 each time! The first time it was top and bottom of one side of my mouth OMG I looked like a squirrel because the one side of my face was sooo swollen!
I was drugged up in the appointment before they started lol but when I got out I wanted a shake soo bad I went to Braums got a shake then sucked it right out the straw and apparently before I left the office they said no suction and absolutely no straws hahaha I didn't hear that part! It took about 3 weeks to a month to get back right then had to do other side.......Just use lots of mouth wash and I mean lots of mouth wash after everything especially smoking hun! It will heal quicker if you are constantly rinsing with the wash! Good luck getting to feel better hun!
@ Geektoy 123 You lucky dog lol I was out of commission with my mouth for nearly a month then had to do it again

I had all four of mine removed 2 each time! The first time it was top and bottom of one side of my mouth OMG I looked like a squirrel because the one side of my face was sooo swollen!
I was drugged up in the appointment before they started lol but when I got out I wanted a shake soo bad I went to Braums got a shake then sucked it right out the straw and apparently before I left the office they said no suction and absolutely no straws hahaha I didn't hear that part! It took about 3 weeks to a month to get back right then had to do other side.......Just use lots of mouth wash and I mean lots of mouth wash after everything especially smoking hun! It will heal quicker if you are constantly rinsing with the wash! Good luck getting to feel better hun! Originally Posted by Julie James

That's usually the story I hear when folks talk about getting this done. I know it's never a great thing to have oral surgery done.

I remembered looking at the x-rays. ALL 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted & growing sideways beneath the others.

Again, the guy who did mine is obviously very good at what he does. And this was near 18 years ago.

Do what Ms Julie says - rinse a lot. Eat foods that are liquefied (will make the cleaning easier), and good luck - you'll be glad it's over with and won't have to worry about it once you are done.
I am feeling a lot better as far as my mouth goes. But it seems since the swelling went down, I got a bad sinus cold. So now I am battling that. About to call a provider I have lined up for Monday and cancel. Just rather not take any chances of getting her sick, hope she don't get mad and ban me from seeing her in the future over it.
That's usually the story I hear when folks talk about getting this done. I know it's never a great thing to have oral surgery done.

I remembered looking at the x-rays. ALL 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted & growing sideways beneath the others.

Again, the guy who did mine is obviously very good at what he does. And this was near 18 years ago.

Do what Ms Julie says - rinse a lot. Eat foods that are liquefied (will make the cleaning easier), and good luck - you'll be glad it's over with and won't have to worry about it once you are done. Originally Posted by geektoy123
I have been eating soups, pudding, drinking plenty of water, and rinsing 5 to 10 times daily. My wisdom teeth were impacted and it ended up causing the nodes in my neck to swell up.
Ouchie yes you should be fine soon just take some meds and get some rest the provider will understand completely, stuff happens its life!

Get well soon hun
I have one already pulled and the doctor gave me the right amount of medicine to numb me but when they pulled that tooth, they totally messed up my sinus canal.

So they got rid of one pain but created another. Oh well, what can you do!? Right? Lol