WSU..?

Did I miss it or is there no thread regarding Y'ALLs outstanding B-Ball team?
As a lifelong KU fan I must say I was impressed and Hats off..
Great to hear you positive comments on the WSU win.

Not all KU fans here in Wichita are displaying such character...
WU SHOCK!

Great to hear you positive comments on the WSU win.

Not all KU fans here in Wichita are displaying such character... Originally Posted by SixShot
I witnessed a couple of near fights... and a lot of "How many National Championships have you won?" Followed by, how many times have you made it to the Final Four the last two years..."

The best response was... "Scoreboard"
WSU had my vote from the beginning! I was on the edge of my seat the entire game lol
Pretty exciting!!
A well coached team of players who will probably graduate beat a team of McD's all stars...Love it.
As a life time KU fan congrats to WSU!! Maybe Bill needs to take a note of how hard the non McDonalds all Americans play at Wichita. The refuse to lose mentality of those kids goes along way..
WSU HAS excellent teamwork! But did anybody hear Self call us Iowa St during after game interviews??..
WSU HAS excellent teamwork! But did anybody hear Self call us Iowa St during after game interviews??.. Originally Posted by Gemma34

Yeah, someone said it was because WSU out-toughed KU, like Iowa State did in the final game of the Big 12 Tourney...

Maybe he needs to schedule them to remember where they are. (laugh... it won't happen )
Self will get KU back to the final 4. Both times he did he had experienced teams and who knows what might have happened last year if Joel Embid hadn't been hurt. This year WSU was the better team. As I Kansan I think it's quite cool that as a state we have 20 final fours.

There's always next year.
Wondering what Greg Marshall will do.
Wondering what Greg Marshall will do. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

He will see just how deep the Koch's pocket goes to keep him in Wichita. He's a big fan of theirs, and I think that relationship has kept him here for awhile.

Of course, since Charles can fund the whole university for approximately 100 years, those pockets are deeper than the Marianas trench. Helps when the 6th richest man in the world is a fan.

But 3 million... He may not want to live in Saban's shadow at a place where football rules the school, but he'll consider it.

1.8 million in this insane market, won't hold forever. The new Nike contract helps, but they lost 5.4 million the first year they made the Final Four so things are far tighter here than in a Power Conference.

I think its inevitable he leaves, so enjoy it while he's here.

1.8 million in this insane market, won't hold forever. The new Nike contract helps, but they lost 5.4 million the first year they made the Final Four so things are far tighter here than in a Power Conference. Originally Posted by JackJohnson
Can you explain what you mean by this?
Can you explain what you mean by this? Originally Posted by iCrush
That's his current salary, its below market, but he has some perks and escalators in the deal. WSU is a smaller regional state university, which lost/was 5.4 million over budget the last time they made the Final Four. The Power Conferences can more than make up for that with no risk of shortfall.

Oh yeah...one more, I was referencing the Nike contract WSU got that was negotiated by Marshall's agent. He gets a piece of that deal.

I think its inevitable that he leaves at some point. But I don't know if the Alabama job holds enough sway, even given those realities.
[Edit] Nevermind. He stays.