• Emmie
  • 03-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Favorite Restaurants???

Favorite places to shop???

Favorite sights to see???

I would love some suggestions!!

Hugs and Kisses,

Emmie
It's kinda chilly, but a beautiful day so far.

There are a couple of places that are interesting... I'm a KC native, so some of these things aren't as good as KC... but....

STUFF TO DO

Fleetwood Mac(tomorrow) - there are still tickets left (I spotted a couple of $49 ones yesterday). If you haven't caught this show, everyone has loved it I've talked to.

The Zoo - we actually have two. The Sedwick County Zoo and Tanganika WIldlife Park - the first I like more, but the second is WAY more interactive with animals.

Botanica - beautiful gardens downtown, a great place to spend a lazy afternoon

Keeper of the Flames/Native History Museum - at the river junction downtown. I like to go sit there at the monument and just hang out for long periods of time.

Exploration Place - more for kids although I catch the odd exhibit or two here. They have a Domed IMAX with the usual fun flicks though. Mini-golf available.

ALL-STAR SPORTS - one on the east side, one of the west side. They have miniature golf, Bowlingo (I love this machine) an arcade, driving range, small practice course, go karts... bumper boats (I don't know what is running yet, but they have it all). Think Kool Krest in KC

Aviation Museum - at the Air Force base - I'm a geek like that.

There are various other things to do... PM me if you want a run down. Strip clubs, etc.

If you are here longer term, there is an arena team playing Friday, etc etc... but this is a good start for the day.

Try the entertainment section of Kansas.com for bands, etc.

Places to eat. Wichita has a TON of restaurants... I see you like Italian. I think that's the worst in general in the town, but there are a couple of good choices. I'm mostly familiar with the East side, Sweet Basil just opened back up I think. urbanspoon is a great place to find places by neighborhood.

Wichita has a lot of original restaurants... avoid the chains!

There is another thread... just below

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1316353

Where several of us picked places to eat.

Hope you are having fun!
  • Emmie
  • 03-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Thank you so much for all the information! !
Anywhere with Gemma is an adventure!
  • Emmie
  • 03-30-2015, 03:01 PM
I know that's right!!