Are red cars feminine for men to drive?

Just curious on thoughts - I'm thinking black as it's beautiful when washed and waxed. However, black shows dirt worse than any other color, I don't think it ages well, and spider scratches stand out in bright sunlight.

Or does it all depend on the make and model (i.e. red ferrari is cool for a guy, but not a red Accord?)
IMHO it definitely depends on the type of vehicle. Some sports cars look great in red. A red SUV? Not so much probably. My very first car was red and you couldn't tell me I wasn't "cool" in it. Of course I was 19, lol. The majority of my vehicles over the past 10 years have been black. They do show the dirt more but that's just more incentive to keep it clean if it's a nice car. The last few years I've switched to trucks. No one minds a little dirt on a Pick-up truck.
I don't think red is feminine at all. There is this red lamborghini that I see when i'm in lakeway that I would kill to drive.... if I fit in the fucking thing to begin with!

sixx
  • Mokoa
  • 11-27-2010, 11:08 PM
No.

I have a red Corvette Z06 and it's not feminine one bit. On the other hand I have a blacked out F250 and it's a pain to keep clean.
  • Paven
  • 11-28-2010, 12:08 AM
I don't think any color but pink would look feminine on a sports/muscle car. What about this though?

I'm in the market for a new car and am being frugal with my purchase. The civic is inexpensive and gets good gas mileage. I'm used to driving a manual transmission though and they are very hard to find in the EX model. By hard, I mean there aren't any in Austin. I found one in San Antonio, but it's red and it's the only manual EX they have. I think it'll look okay with dark tinted windows, but have some anxiety that it's gonna look like a total chick car and I should hold out for a black one.

Problem is, my car is dead and I'm in a rental so I don't want to take a lot of time. Plus, they're selling it at a really great price. MSRP on a 2011 manual EX is about 20K - Edmunds shows dealer invoice at about 18K - they're selling it for 16,800. I can have leather installed for 1k and close the whole deal, including TTL, for 19K which I think it a pretty good deal.

Tint the windows as dark as you can. Can't go wrong with a Honda though you could hurt resell later by it being a coupe but once again, its a Honda!

sixx
Yes, I'm gonna tint the windows as dark as possible. Problem is, legal tint on front door windows isn't very dark. I'm hoping to find a good tint guy that would be willing to bend the rules, as long as i forget his name. If anyone knows someone that fits this bill, please send me a PM.
red is noticed more by LE
paint is more expesive.
to many cars are red.

i go with silver...
A man should not drive a red car unless it is a high end make. Corvette, Lexus, Jag, etc
i just think it depends on the type of car u get thats red....
Well, it's sort of an off-red color, but I think my car is still manly.

I remember when red car paint faded much more than other colors, but I think that's not a problem now.

I want a dayglow orange car so that I can find it in parking lots and can be seen really easily by other drivers. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any fluorescent orange paint that doesn't fade badly when exposed to sunlight.
Attached Images File Type: jpeg pinkcorvette.jpeg (7.1 KB, 189 views) File Type: jpeg pinklambo.jpeg (10.6 KB, 184 views) File Type: jpeg pinkwha???.jpeg (8.0 KB, 186 views)
  • Paven
  • 11-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Damon are those Mary Kay cars of the future?