Shell Houston Open

Almost time for SB's only exercise for the year, walking 18 holes at Redstone 4 days in a row. That course is loooong! Hopefully we dodge the rain.
You're going to get soaked...
You're going to get soaked... Originally Posted by Wakeup
A real possibility. I haven't been since they were in the Woodlands. Sit at a Par 3 with a chair, a drink and chill.
Darth, I use to do the same thing. I would sit at the top of the bleachers on 13 watching them try to hit the island green in 2. Then watch them play the par 3 14th.
I liked the Woodlands course much better. The par 5 13th and the par 5 15th were great holes to see if they could get on in 2. 17 and 18 were great also, especially 17. I like to just sit on the par 3 16th at Redstone and watch the caddy races and enjoy a few beverages. It is a very long course.
I watched John Daly let the gallery talk him out of laying up and pulling the 3 wood on the par 5 in The Woodlands with the water in front of it.(don't remember the hole number, might have been 13) He actually had the iron in his hand and put it back in the bag after jaw jacking with some of his followers. Fucker put it on the green too. The gallery went nuts. Dude lit up and smoked a cigarette on his 300 yard walk to his ball. Several guys were high fiving him and trying to give him their beers. I think he still ended up three putting for par.

I always like to watch Payne Stewart, classy guy.

Went to Redstone once when they played on the original course. It wasn't nearly as gallery friendly as the Woodlands. Haven't been since they started playing on the new course.
I remember Daly on 15 going for it in 2. He was fun to watch. Still is I guess, wild pants and all.
I go every year and have a blast.
I go every year and have a blast. Originally Posted by AlexisMoore
AM....do you play?
Sometimes...depends. Ive gone just to go and for pay. Both times were enjoyable. Even going alone...trust me, I find plenty of company fast!! I go to enjoy myself mostly.
I meant do you play golf.

Whores must think of sex as much as tards.
  • Seedy
  • 04-01-2015, 04:48 PM
I liked the Woodlands course much better. The par 5 13th and the par 5 15th were great holes to see if they could get on in 2. 17 and 18 were great also, especially 17. I like to just sit on the par 3 16th at Redstone and watch the caddy races and enjoy a few beverages. It is a very long course. Originally Posted by Daddio
I totally agree the woodlands course was more gallery friendly. Still remember following Jack Nicklaus last time he played, he was still using persimmon woods, and when he hit the ball it was like a rifle shot.
I remember Daly on 15 going for it in 2. He was fun to watch. Still is I guess, wild pants and all. Originally Posted by Daddio
A buddy & I were playing shuffleboard at Grundy 's years ago against some Arkansas rednecks.
Turns out they were Daly ' s entourage. Daly drove up after his round that Thursday and they proceeded to kick our ass!

He was a fun guy who could slam a longneck (beer)
He bought us a round and headed out for dinner.

Redstone is way too formal for my taste.
Have fun and stay dry if you can!
A real possibility. I haven't been since they were in the Woodlands. Sit at a Par 3 with a chair, a drink and chill. Originally Posted by DarthMaul
Back then it was the Michelob open.
Great tournament.
A buddy & I were playing shuffleboard at Grundy 's years ago against some Arkansas rednecks.
Turns out they were Daly ' s entourage. Daly drove up after his round that Thursday and they proceeded to kick our ass!

He was a fun guy who could slam a longneck (beer)
He bought us a round and headed out for dinner.! Originally Posted by Slitlikr
That dude was a "well known" party animal. I met Davis Love III at SHO one year. I became a fan of his after that.