Baseball is in the Air!!!

• bbkid
  • 04-03-2015, 06:32 AM
The boys are back in town! Preseason game tonight - I am SO ready.

Today's work day will seem like a damn eternity. See ya'll at MMP at 6:30 today.
What's the over/under on wins for them this year? 80?

I'm taking the under...
Have a blast bb! And if you see Jim Crane tell him I said to eat a dick.
  • bbkid
  • 04-03-2015, 09:36 AM
What's the over/under on wins for them this year? 80?

I'm taking the under... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Damn, here I am agreeing with you for a change.

Have a blast bb! And if you see Jim Crane tell him I said to eat a dick. Originally Posted by strongbad
Thanks!
Just talked with him yesterday for a long visit. I'll let him know what you said, sb.
Over Under on Astros wins is 75.5. I like the over.

Astros are +1900 to win the AL West. If you bet 100 and they win the Division you win $1900.
Seattle is the favorite to win the AL West.

Astros bullpen is much improved, starters are still pretty shaky but decent. Altuve and Springer are Studs. Carter, Lowrie, Castro/Conger and Gattis are ok. Valbuena should be a surprise. Slightly optimistic.

Play ball!!
Vegas has the O/U on the Cardinals win total at 162. I like the over.
Amen brother...
Have a blast bb! And if you see Jim Crane tell him I said to eat a dick. Originally Posted by strongbad
+1000
I love ASTROS
Went to a Yankess pre-season game 2 weeks ago in Tampa..... It is in the air.... Good shit....
  • RG42
  • 04-03-2015, 11:34 PM
Looking at the Astros home schedule, none of the visiting teams this year really excite me, except maybe the White Sox. Am I missing something?
The boys are back in town! Preseason game tonight - I am SO ready.

Today's work day will seem like a damn eternity. See ya'll at MMP at 6:30 today. Originally Posted by bbkid
It's more like stink-ass oil is in the air. We get that everyday.
I grew up in this town watching my home town boys play ball every season. I miss the national league teams I grew up with including the Cardinals, the Reds, the Braves, and even those nasty Pirates from Pittsburgh. I knew the players on the opposition almost as well as the players on the Astros teams during the 60's, 70's and 80's. In the 90's I missed a few great moments when I was working and getting my kid out of school.

Then the brain-trust in MLB screwed up my second favorite past-time.

I was happy with inter-league play and satisfied with seeing the Yanks in preseason and the Rangers every year. MLB should have seen that the interest in a rivalry with the Rangers was not going to be a big deal since attendance was dismal. Yet that was one of the reasons they used for the transition to the AL. Sure we loved to see the Yanks and it was a sellout but damn.. we talking the Yankees, pinstripes, the team that Ruth built! They are American baseball, a dynasty, and impressive to watch. We would have paid to see them play Cricket or lawn darts.

IMO Drayton and MLB screwed us pretty good. Jim Crane is a putz but I don't blame him for accepting the forced move to the AL. If he didn't agree to the terms of MLB his purchase of the team would not have been approved. I don't like the DH, don't know the AL teams or players. I'm not against change but to completely change what I've known since the 60's was not in my best interest.

But EVERY April I get excited to hear the crack of the bats, smell the dogs, and see the manicured field. When Mr. Ford announces the 'Stros as they take the field I feel like a kid again.

Oh, and I still watch the Cardinals, Mets, Reds, Braves, and even those nasty Pirates from Pittsburgh... on TV. But I have not been to MMP since the change to the AL. Sorry MLB, I love your game but I can't support my hometown team cuz they're playing in the wrong league.. at least for me.

Play Ball!
Crane had already been approved, he moved the team to the AL due to the $65 million carrot MLB hung in front of him.
One down...172 to go...