Hobby phone suggestions...

I am in the market for a hobby phone. What is the safest and cheapest route to go with? Pay as you go is fine by me...cash is preferrable. Any suggestions for stores/plans/etc.

TIA
You local Walmart is probably running some special on a "pay as you go phone". This is just and example:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11988343

This is standard fare for this type of phone, includes 20 minutes of talk time and you can buy additional time, $20 for 60 additional minutes.
I got a nice little phone package from walmart... I use Net 10 for 29.95 I got a phone, case, headset, and a package of adapters that will fit my other phone too car charger... I purchase cards to refill it as needed...
I have one from wal-mart as well and its a pre-paid. But I also found out from a friend of mine that you can do a cricket unlimited for 25 bucks a month, with no contract/credit check!
My Wal-Mart phone cost me $14.99. There is a lot to choose from there.
how do they work with text messages. alot of girls like to text?
  • Sami
  • 01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I got t-mobile at CVS prepaid simple,good signal. Also I can text but I prefer not.
Net 10 has texting... in fact my real life phone I have restricted due to pay as you go or plans, I am not big on texting but I have it available on the hobby phone... what I like about my net 10 is I used my hobby name and a zip code in SA to register it... and with pay as I go I control what I buy and am not stuck with a monthly bill
do u know how many text messages u can get for a prepaid hobby phone? i have a work and personal cell and am thinking about dropping the personal and let my work be my personal phone. saves me 70 a month! that is why i want to get the hobby phone
it's unlimited... it is pay as you go... one rate for talk time and then I think it's half rate for texts...
thanks dee!
sixx also like i was saying you can get the cricket phone and it is unlimited minutes and text for $25 a month with no contract or credit check you can basically walk in and tell them your name is Lick Alotta Kitty and boom you gotta phone. You dont have to worry about buying minutes everytime or being charged 10-20 cents a text.
sixx also like i was saying you can get the cricket phone and it is unlimited minutes and text for $25 a month with no contract or credit check you can basically walk in and tell them your name is Lick Alotta Kitty and boom you gotta phone. You dont have to worry about buying minutes everytime or being charged 10-20 cents a text. Originally Posted by Sexy Roxanne
Can you use the internet, Yahoo messenger ect.. on cricket? If so, is there an extra charge??? Do I have to use their phones?? Do they have a SIMM card that I can put in my phone?

On another thread you mentioned Strawberries for the topping? What about the whipped cream?

Java
Can you use the internet, Yahoo messenger ect.. on cricket? If so, is there an extra charge??? Do I have to use their phones?? Do they have a SIMM card that I can put in my phone?

On another thread you mentioned Strawberries for the topping? What about the whipped cream?

Java Originally Posted by CupOfJava
I got you covered on all the toppings baby however I'm sure you got the whip cream, hehe

But yes you can add the media package with unlimited internet I think its $45 a month for that package. As far as using thier phones or yours I think it just depends on if it can be unlocked. You would have to ask them on that.

Ok i was just told if its a sprint or verizon phone they can convert it over.
I got you covered on all the toppings baby however I'm sure you got the whip cream, hehe

But yes you can add the media package with unlimited internet I think its $45 a month for that package. As far as using thier phones or yours I think it just depends on if it can be unlocked. You would have to ask them on that.

Ok i was just told if its a sprint or verizon phone they can convert it over. Originally Posted by Sexy Roxanne
Roxy,

Thank you for the info!