Obsession with the Hobby

During my sick time from work, I been catching up on old repeat episodes of Startrek Enterprise with Scott Bakula. The one episode that really caught my attention was with the three Orion women that became property of Captain Archer ( read the green women for all you Trekkie fans). Their pheramones affected the male crew in such a way that all the men were hopelessly at the mercy of the Orion women.

I am beginning to believe that the lovely ladies I've encountered give off the same pheromones. I feel like I am under a spell. I know many of my fellow hobbyists have a more realistic view of the hobby than I. But my rant is not so much a complaint as it is an observation about this hobby that brings peace and great satisfaction to my senses.

Keep up the great work and sensuality, ladies!
I just read a report of a clinical study of young men, a device that's purported to measure testosterone levels, and young women's T-shirts. The T-shirts were collected at different times closely ahead of and far in advance of the women's expected ovulation times. The young men's testosterone levels were reported to have risen markedly by olfactory exposure to the T-shirts of the women near ovulation but none by exposure to the T-shirts of the women whose fertile days were some time away. I could have proven the same thing with my dogs, but you get the point. Maybe your sense of smell is unusually attuned. But most of us could die happy with that affliction.
I just read a report of a clinical study of young men, a device that's purported to measure testosterone levels, and young women's T-shirts. The T-shirts were collected at different times closely ahead of and far in advance of the women's expected ovulation times. The young men's testosterone levels were reported to have risen markedly by olfactory exposure to the T-shirts of the women near ovulation but none by exposure to the T-shirts of the women whose fertile days were some time away. I could have proven the same thing with my dogs, but you get the point. Maybe your sense of smell is unusually attuned. But most of us could die happy with that affliction. Originally Posted by yardape
another study showed that strippers make more money when they're ovulating. We may be smart, but when it comes down to it, we are just animals.
I'm willing to test the results of the stripper study, anybody up for a field trip? I'll bring the clipboard and jot down some notes.