Oh my GAWD!!! The Magnolia Pancake Haus???

At the insistence of a good friend, I finally watched this show called "Diners and Dives" or something like that, last night.

And they featured one of San Antonio's restaurants and watching it, I was like ... DAMN.

This place looks fantastic! A real treat.

Has anyone been there?
http://www.magnoliapancakehaus.com/

If I can find an excuse to visit San Antonio (I JUST love your city, by the way!), do you think that a few of you might like to join me for a late breakfast?

Warmly,
Elisabeth
Excellent,you won't be disappointed,they have two locations.

Try to avoid weekends,especially Sunday morning,people flock there after church
Yes, its that good. I could never eat at a iHop or Dennys again.

I usually try and go during the week, around 930. There's always a line.
Anytime baby
It's pretty good. It's also pretty crowded. Expect to wait.
I usually avoid the place due to the crowded atmosphere. I've found some dives and cafes just outside of town that suit me fine for breakfast.
If you download the app NoWait you can check in from home and go when it's close to your time to be seated.
If you download the app NoWait you can check in from home and go when it's close to your time to be seated. Originally Posted by Camille Fox
Thanks! I'll check it out.
If you download the app NoWait you can check in from home and go when it's close to your time to be seated. Originally Posted by Camille Fox
Now that I may try just to say I went there once. Lol. As always, thanks for the great advice Camille.
and a fellow hobbyist and I are having bfast there Tuesday morning. Never been but he suggested the place. Just going to eat and taklk about all the lovely ladies we have seen and want to see in the future...btw...Im seeing Melina later that morning...ijs...sounds like a great morning to me....
You have to have the corned beef hash,as Guy Fieri states,"it's out of bounds","bananas,and bananas is good." Ask them to crisp it up for you, it's ridiculous!!!
Been there several times and always consistent. Corned beef hash and their house smoked ham are favorites along with the apfel pfannekuchen (not sure if correct spelling since I'm going off memory and don't know German). Tuesday and Wednesday mornings aren't too bad a wait for me usually.
  • Mokoa
  • 05-09-2015, 07:49 PM
It is a great place.

Another one you should not miss is Twin Sisters in Alamo Heights. Their pancakes and oatmeal are classic!
The pancakes are truly sublime.
Yep good food and that app makes it painless.