What makes Kansas City SPECIAL

I was taking a walk in the Plaza and it was such a great night. I was thinking how pretty KC really is. I would love some pretty pictures of KC.

A pretty picture in KC?

I really love that there is so much to do in KC and for the most part, the people are pretty friendly too. The Science museum at Union Station is really fun when you have a small child. It's been a few years since I have been there though. My son is more interested in xBox now. Geez, a couple more years and he will be interested in girls to. Right now they just annoy him. LOL

Beautiful pics!!

Yes Kaylen..KC is a georgous city..I luv the hills and the cityscapes.
My favorite thing about KC is that people hold the doors for each other at QT. People are polite to strangers just because it's the right thing to do.

And BBQ.
My favorite thing about KC is that people hold the doors for each other at QT. People are polite to strangers just because it's the right thing to do.

And BBQ. Originally Posted by Longermonger

So True.
and Grand Stand Burgers and the Chicken Shack!
The women.

The 1950s Leiber/Stoller song comes to mind.
Oh yes- my fav is still Smokin Guns but Joe is a close second. But above all- the women!
Our Sports Teams and passion for them!

And our beautiful girls!
My favorite thing about KC is that people hold the doors for each other at QT. Originally Posted by Longermonger
You must go to the same QT that I do every morning!
And Boulevard Brewery, too!!
and Grand Stand Burgers and the Chicken Shack! Originally Posted by DallasRain

Thanks for the tip, Miss Dallas. I love a good cheeseburger, so I'll be checking out Grand Stand Burgers in the very near future. Hope they are as good as Town Topic!!!
Grand Stand is the best burger in KC...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • JS42
  • 06-01-2015, 08:35 PM
So Dallas, I'm curious and don't mean to put you on the spot. You've lived in Nola and now KC, which do you like better? I'm a KC native and love our city, but we have nothing compared to the Quarter, which I love. No place on earth like that place.
well not to sidetrack this post...BUT I will always have New Orleans in my heart as my favorite city...the sights/the sounds/the flavors....the best anywhere!}

But I do enjoy KC ... it is a pretty city...and now I am a Royals fan....I gotta go buy a tshirt!}

Kaylen...there is an awesome clothing store in the Plaza/...H & M!
  • JS42
  • 06-01-2015, 09:02 PM
I will always have New Orleans in my heart as my favorite city...the sights/the sounds/the flavors....the best anywhere!} Originally Posted by DallasRain
I hear ya on that, I have a love affair with Nola. And in case you don't remember, you were quite helpful to me during my first vacation trip down there in 2010 and wanted to thank you for it.

KC is a good, clean city with good people for the most part.