Low Disc Space

I have an XP op. sys. and have a very crowded 'C' drive and am moving pics and other files to another drive. However, it appears that the 'C' drive is still going to be crowded because of the programs I have added through the years. Can I move some of the programs to a 'Program Files' folder on the other drive without causing any problems?

Thanks for the help.
If they are programs that you wont need any more why don't you get rid of them, it would free up more space, now yes you can move files to another drive, but program files, I am not sure if it would be ok or give you issues.now you can move files to another computer , but another drive, thats a give in.
I have an XP op. sys. and have a very crowded 'C' drive and am moving pics and other files to another drive. However, it appears that the 'C' drive is still going to be crowded because of the programs I have added through the years. Can I move some of the programs to a 'Program Files' folder on the other drive without causing any problems?

Thanks for the help. Originally Posted by Luvgcz
No, they have to stay on c:\program files

is this a laptop or desktop? if a desktop and you can add an additional HD, that would be a cheaper option since 1 terabyte or bigger drives are cheap!

if a laptop get a usb hd (2.5 inch which is powered off the usb port) and offload things there
  • Mokoa
  • 12-10-2010, 07:59 PM
A program can be moved from the C: drive to another drive. You would have to uninstall it first. Then install it again specifying the location you want when prompted.

You may also want to consider the following tools to help you with your disk cleanup...

CCleaner
Defraggler
Revo Uninstaller

Good luck to you and let us know how things go.