Ipad article

The Wall Street Journal.
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...-for-christmas

His #10 reason not to get an ipad for Christmas:

"The whole apple cult is starting to creep me out"...lol, oh my gosh he's funny!
  • Satin
  • 12-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Pretty much everything he is saying is true. I have one. I love it and when the new one comes out I will get that one too. Pretty simple, just like I do with all the new I-phones. No big deal....Merry Christmas...:-)
  • helen
  • 12-23-2010, 03:20 PM
i love my iphone 4 to death, but i just can't see myself carting around an ipad. i haven't been hooked just yet.
  • Satin
  • 12-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Helen, then don't get one cause you will be hooked and carting it around like I do...lol
  • helen
  • 12-23-2010, 05:54 PM
what do you use it for? it just seems like it can do everything my little iphone 4 can do.
I love mine.

Then again I guess I'm one of those Apple cult followers (iMac, Macbook Pro, iPad). I had an iPhone 3G until I decided I wanted something different and bought a DROID X. It's a good phone, but I sure miss my iPhone.
  • 2Bars
  • 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM
I love mine.

Then again I guess I'm one of those Apple cult followers (iMac, Macbook Pro, iPad). I had an iPhone 3G until I decided I wanted something different and bought a DROID X. It's a good phone, but I sure miss my iPhone. Originally Posted by john353
What do you miss?
I like mine, but I travel alot. I use it on the plane and in airports almost exclusively. Way easier to manage than a laptop. Plus, I moved all my kindle books over to it, so I have an ebook WITH A BACKLIGHT!
I'm planning on getting one, to not have to drag the laptop around everywhere when traveling.
What do you miss? Originally Posted by 2Bars
I find the iPhone to be more user friendly... Like all Apple products. The DROID X is a good phone, but there are certain things about it that I do not like. The iPhone, I didn't have that problem. I just wasn't very happy with ATT service... hence the change. Most likely, I will be going back to the iPhone when my service contract is up. Maybe Verizon will have the iPhone by then.

I use my iPad as a way to kill time or just veg out when I'm in relax mode. If I need to type up a review or some other document, or use any kind of disc, then obviously the iPad is not the proper choice. However if all I need to do is browse the web to kill time or read a book, etc. Then the iPad is great for that. I also stream Netflix movies as well. The picture quality is really very good.
I find the iPhone to be more user friendly... Like all Apple products. The DROID X is a good phone, but there are certain things about it that I do not like. The iPhone, I didn't have that problem. I just wasn't very happy with ATT service... hence the change. Most likely, I will be going back to the iPhone when my service contract is up. Maybe Verizon will have the iPhone by then.

I use my iPad as a way to kill time or just veg out when I'm in relax mode. If I need to type up a review or some other document, or use any kind of disc, then obviously the iPad is not the proper choice. However if all I need to do is browse the web to kill time or read a book, etc. Then the iPad is great for that. I also stream Netflix movies as well. The picture quality is really very good. Originally Posted by john353
+1
Love everything MAC.................Too much microsoft causes problems......lol
Hobby.....Apple.....damn choices are gonna be the end of me I swear lol.
  • Satin
  • 12-24-2010, 10:25 AM
I agree with what my man J353 said. I'm also a Apple fanatic in a sense. Love their stuff but can't stand ATT. I got the I-phone the first day it came out and every new one since.
I love the I-pad for all kinds of stuff including the apps ( using it now)..
My new thing with it I just got is used with the Sling Box. This device allows you to watch everything on your TV on the I-pad away from home. Very cool. (I have DirecTV)...

So now I can watch all my sports and the Playboy channel no matter where I am... lol.