the walking dead was suspensefull tonight

pretty good episode in my opinion. any one else a fan of the show? and what were your thoughts on it?
I'm not but the SO is. She gave me a thumb's up when I asked how it was.

I did notice, though, when I watched one brief scene towards the end when Rick has some guy with a bloody face on the ground and snapped his neck. Bloodied hands, obviously. But, when he stands up, his hands are clean. Oops...
I'm not but the SO is. She gave me a thumb's up when I asked how it was.

I did notice, though, when I watched one brief scene towards the end when Rick has some guy with a bloody face on the ground and snapped his neck. Bloodied hands, obviously. But, when he stands up, his hands are clean. Oops... Originally Posted by Wizard of Ahhhhs

didn't notice that good eye wiz I will have to watch for that scene.
Big fan of the show
  • KCJoe
  • 10-12-2015, 11:01 AM
I have a friend that loves it and tries to get me to watch so he can talk about it, but I just can't buy into the concept of zombies. If they are dead, why haven't maggots and other bugs eaten them to the point there is nothing but bones left? If they aren't dead, then how do they get the calories to maintain their existence? And why do they all wear clothes? I would have thought they'd lose a piece here and there.

My biggest question about end of world(population) shows, is what happened to the nuclear reactors? Without people, they would go into meltdown mode and contaminate most of the world with deadly radiation.

I probably overthink these issues too much.
I have a friend that loves it and tries to get me to watch so he can talk about it, but I just can't buy into the concept of zombies. If they are dead, why haven't maggots and other bugs eaten them to the point there is nothing but bones left? If they aren't dead, then how do they get the calories to maintain their existence? And why do they all wear clothes? I would have thought they'd lose a piece here and there.

My biggest question about end of world(population) shows, is what happened to the nuclear reactors? Without people, they would go into meltdown mode and contaminate most of the world with deadly radiation.

I probably overthink these issues too much. Originally Posted by KCJoe
The show has made a point to show the zombies continuing to decay as time elapses. Of course whenever someone dies they turn into a zombie, so you also have fresh ones on occasion. The also show the clothes becoming more tattered. It is television and fictional. I don't think viewers want to see maggots eating flesh. IMO the zombies are not the main focus of the show, its more one the living and what people are willing to do to survive.
The show has made a point to show the zombies continuing to decay as time elapses. Of course whenever someone dies they turn into a zombie, so you also have fresh ones on occasion. The also show the clothes becoming more tattered. It is television and fictional. I don't think viewers want to see maggots eating flesh. IMO the zombies are not the main focus of the show, its more one the living and what people are willing to do to survive. Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC
I agree with the last line.
The zombies are pure magical creatures that cannot exist,
(no food
no water
no sleep
do zombies shit?)

the show is about the people/relationships

Im just waiting till Rick finds a Twinkie

Im just waiting till Rick finds a Twinkie Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
I think rick has already found his twinkie little blondie from Alexandria. and big mike I agree with the not wanting to see maggots and shit. but I have often thought there are certain things with the walkers that I think huh this or that should have happened.
  • KCJoe
  • 10-13-2015, 12:44 PM
The show has made a point to show the zombies continuing to decay as time elapses. Of course whenever someone dies they turn into a zombie, so you also have fresh ones on occasion. The also show the clothes becoming more tattered. It is television and fictional. I don't think viewers want to see maggots eating flesh. IMO the zombies are not the main focus of the show, its more one the living and what people are willing to do to survive. Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC
Granted I don't follow the show, so I don't see the character/enviroment develop over time, but the few times I have seen it, I find I'm cheering for the zombies.
I think the twinkie was a reference to Zombieland - Woody Harrelson's character was jonseing for a twinkie but could only find sno-balls.
The real
Attached Images File Type: jpg zombie.jpg (50.9 KB, 38 views)
I think the twinkie was a reference to Zombieland - Woody Harrelson's character was jonseing for a twinkie but could only find sno-balls. Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC
yeah I know mike but I think the blondie is full of cream too. and she looks like she has some nice snoballs.
The vast majority of nuclear reactors would run off their own power supply and when some fault occurs the rods would drop and the reactor would SCRAM. There it would sit safe for thousands of years until reinforced concrete started to fail.
  • KCJoe
  • 10-14-2015, 09:39 PM
The vast majority of nuclear reactors would run off their own power supply and when some fault occurs the rods would drop and the reactor would SCRAM. There it would sit safe for thousands of years until reinforced concrete started to fail. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Don't think so. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterm...opulation_Zero

(5-10 days A.H.)

As days pass, domestic dogs eat all easily available food and begin to fight amongst each other for supremacy. The bigger dogs make packs and attack and eat the small ones. Within a week, all toy dogs disappear from Earth. Large packs of dogs also feed on dead penned up cattle.
Security measures in power plants fail. The equipment in the spent fuel buildings adjoining nuclear power plants that maintain the temperature level of the spent nuclear fuel rods will shut down. Spent nuclear fuel for nuclear power plants is generally stored in pools in on-site facilities. Because the fossil fuel powered back up, power generators will run out. At that time, the cooling pools that prevent the spent nuclear fuel from overheating will start to boil since this water is not replenished.
Radioactive steam will vent into the atmosphere due to the water eventually evaporating. The spent fuel will eventually set fire to the building, and the steam pressure will cause the storage facilities to explode, causing a (non nuclear) explosion, emitting radiation not only in the immediate area of the plant but around the globe due to winds. The resulting nuclear disasters spread fallout over large areas. This is repeated dozens of times as shutdown nuclear plants and spent fuel houses explode. Radioactive clouds cross the skies and rain carries the radiation to the ground. Most plants and small animals within the affected zones die. Larger animals (like deer) flee to unaffected regions, not because they notice the radiation, but because of the lack of food.