Extending Appointment

Anyone ever have an appointment start out as a ½ or an hour and evolve into 2 hrs or overnight? Not free of course provider needs to be compensated for her time.
I've had hour appointments extend to two (compensated accordingly). And I've had the reverse, just once fortunately. I had a planned two hour turn into about 30 minutes when she and I were simply not clicking and I felt like she was just going through the motions. My research failed me that day. I picked up half the cash on my way out. She was still well compensated for her "efforts" in that session. And yes - I told her what I was doing and why.
I use to see Suzan0725,who is no longer on the board,end up staying 3or more hours.she usually cost me 5 to 8 hundred or so.plus I would buy her gifts, so she was willing to accommodate me.I really never new how long I was going to be there....but she was the only one.
I have never extended a visit with a local provider. However I have extended a visit with several visiting providers. It was because the lady and I REALLY clicked. Every time I was already thinking about it, and was lucky the lady brought the subject up. I had sensed they had some extra time available. And I guess they sensed, I was interested in adding time. I upped the donation and they upped the fun. That makes for a very enjoyable evening.