I'm going to Vegas! Anyone have any suggestions of fun things to do?

I've been to Vegas many times, but in my past trips I've always been there for a specific reason and haven't had much free time to roam around and have fun. So, I'm looking for a few ideas of fun things to do/places to check out (that's reasonably priced also) with my group of friends while we're visiting.

Anyone have any firsthand experience with any shows or anything they can recommend?
Being a Las Vegas vet, I am offering to be your personal your guide for free!
KA at the MGM is pretty spectacular.
Definitely see a Cirque show. Le Reve was my favorite--simply astonishing acrobatic feats all in water (and I'm a big fan of all things wet). ;-)
Try the rides on top of the Stratosphere at night. It's really a unique experience to ride the Big Shot and see all the Vegas lights from that height.
  • ampad
  • 02-02-2010, 05:40 PM
I've never been to Vegas. I'm jealous you get to go and not me Have a blast out there!
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm trying to find plenty of things for my friends and I to do, so we'll definitely be checking these things out!

One other thing, does anyone have an experience with strip clubs down there? My girlfriends and I are on the lookout for a good one.
You can't go wrong hanging out at the front railing at Margaritaville for some cheap laughs. Just watch all of the drunks walk by for a while. Then follow the drunks around the corner to the outside bar by Harrah's if the weather is nice. There's a piano bar a few steps away just inside Harrah's. LOVE is playing across the street if you want to catch a show. The Forum Shops are across the street at Cesar's Palace if you want to shop. More upscale shops are just to your north at the Venetian/Palazzo/Wynn/Encore. VERY upscale. Be sure to see the free outside shows at the T.I. and Mirage while you're up there. (Mirage has fire and drums. Fire! Fire! Fire! ) The best outside show is the fountains at Bellagio and the best place to see them is from the Eiffel Tower at Paris (at 8pm). If you go west on Flamingo, check out the buffet at the Rio. It is supposed to be the best. Then go party right next door at the Palms. Take the elevator to the Ghostbar and get a jawdropping view of the Strip at night.

Strip clubs; check TUSCL. You'll need a 'sheriff's card' to dance. 18+ juice bar I'd go with DejaVu-LittleDarlings. For 'down n dirty' classic Las Vegas I'd head to Olympic Garden. They also have dudes upstairs, I'm told. For a local flavor, go to Cheetah's. For an authentic mobbed-up strip club experience head to Bada Bing's. PM me if you have questions. Mostly, you just need to know where NOT to go. And don't ask the cab driver's what's good. They get paid more to take you to the worst places.

I like the indoor gokart racing. Have a few drinks and get behind the wheel. Wooooo!

From what I've read, all of the local strippers go to some huge gay dance club so they don't get bothered by horny straight guys on vacation. If you like girls or like dancing&drinking, then you should look into this.

Just be careful and don't go wandering around the dimly lit areas around the downtown area late at night. Have fun!
If you get tired of the glitz and the glitter of the city, rent a car. Go out to the Valley of Fire, REd Rock Canyon and the Hoover Dam. All very interesting. Maybe even take a helio ride of the Grand Canyon.