Marvel's Jessica Jones

Today (NOV 20) Netflix released it's newest show (Marvel's Jessica Jones) and it does not disappoint.

Krysten Ritter....BAM (she's sooooooo fuckin' hottttt....I don't know what it is about her.....just want to nail this sexxxy lady several hundred times or more.....maybe it's just me; I don't know....yeah, I'm babbling....sorry.)

Anyways......Jessie Pinkman's (Breaking Bad) heroin-addict girlfriend delivers big time in this role (yes, she's the same actress that also starred in the short-lived comedy, "Don't Trust the B....").

This is not your charming, whimsical (ie: Robert Downey / Iron Man) Marvel-inspired production......JJ is dark, twisted and is intended for mature audiences.

Has anyone else caught Episode One?
If so.....thoughts?

If so.....thoughts? Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
I got a few minutes in and had to turn it off for my Friday conf-call-athon. Hope to pick back up later. The small bit I seen feels a little forced and flat acting wise but it could also be my mood. Will restart and try again since it sounds like you recommend.
I'll be checking it out tonight, since it is marvel.

Thanks for letting me know.
I have high expectations for this series based on the Daredevil series.
I binged this series over the weekend and, for the most part, really enjoyed it. I went in with no expectations and (overall) was entertained.

Ritter was good, really good (but I'm biased, remember?) JJ is easily her best role to date, hands down. She's no longer that gawky little character actor from that tv series, Veronica Mars.

British actor (David Tanner) was terrific as The Villain (aka Kilgrave). He basically steals every scene he's in.

Writing could have been better and perhaps the series was 2 or 3 episodes longer than necessary....but again, I enjoyed it all.

I give Jessica Jones a 8 out of 10.....and can't wait for Season 2.

By the way....many (MANY) more critical reviews are posted on IMDb......sooooooo many wannabe critics slam JJ for everything / anything.....while others (like me) were entertained from Ep 1 till the end. If you're a Marvel fan I think you'll want to check this out just the same.....Happy Viewing!
  • Lahk
  • 11-23-2015, 03:03 PM
I binged watched it over the weekend as well. Solid 9/10 in my opinion.

Ritter knocked it out of the park as a modern take on the hard-boiled noir detective with a hefty splash of abuse survivor. Tennant was also very good as Kilgrave, and I think they handled the "realistic" take on mind control as well as could be expected. Minimal eye-rolling "well it's a comic book story, what do you expect" plot shenanigans, just the explanation of how the mind control is accomplished.

The supporting cast was also very strong, with the exception of the upstairs neighbors. The girl was just too much...they could have been cut from the show and it would have been better. They reminded me too much of the creepy milk drinking brothers from It's Always Sunny, but without any redeeming qualities like humor. Another character could have taken over their plot point easily.

I like the lead in to Luke Cage's series next year. I don't see a season 2 of Jessica Jones happening. I'm sure she'll be heavily involved in Luke's series, then again the year after with the Defenders team-up. To my knowledge, Marvel hasn't really utilized JJ much beyond the Kilgrave story in their comics, so not a lot of source material stories to draw from that wouldn't mainly feature Luke.

All that said, Netflix and Marvel are really knocking it out of the park with these shows. I'd almost rather see more 13 episode adventures of this quality than more 2 hour movies. They can pack so much more into this format. I'd really like to see a hard R Netflix dark/sexy femme fatale spy series of Black Widow's backstory of leaving the KGB for Shield. I could see that being an interesting 13 episodes. Would never happen though.
I really enjoyed the Jessica Jones series although I was not as good as the Netlix Daredevil show. I was a big fan of the graphic novel by Bendis(especially enjoyed the page where Jessica and Luke first get together ) I was not happy with the casting at first but Ritter and Colter performed well. Looking forward to the next Marvel series now.
I've been studying for finals, and watching 30 rock as my study binge series, but I'm watching it off and on.

As a Whovian, I LOVE Killgrave.

I like Jessica too. I think she's a little too overacted sometimes, but that's ok.
This one is definitely in my queue and is the next series I'll be watching for sure. The reviews from all my friends have been too good for me NOT to catch it. Soon.
Today (NOV 20) Netflix released it's newest show (Marvel's Jessica Jones) and it does not disappoint.

Krysten Ritter....BAM (she's sooooooo fuckin' hottttt....I don't know what it is about her.....just want to nail this sexxxy lady several hundred times or more.....maybe it's just me; I don't know....yeah, I'm babbling....sorry.)

Anyways......Jessie Pinkman's (Breaking Bad) heroin-addict girlfriend delivers big time in this role (yes, she's the same actress that also starred in the short-lived comedy, "Don't Trust the B....").

This is not your charming, whimsical (ie: Robert Downey / Iron Man) Marvel-inspired production......JJ is dark, twisted and is intended for mature audiences.

Ritter has been my secret girlfriend since her appearance in Gilmore Girls. I thought the show was very well done. no filler episodes, fairly well-balanced story arcs, and tied it back to Daredevil in not the most hamfisted way possible.

Binged it. Loved it.

Marvel and Netflix really have something cooking. Loved how they played on the theory that we're all capable of being heroes and/or villains and that a thin line separates the two. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I want go into any specific details but I thought the overall arc of the story was solid and the character devolopment was more than adequate. Also, loved the subtle tie-in to DareDevil. Overall I was more than pleased and I have no doubts there will be a season 2.
I am not a Marvel guy and have not read a comic book in 40 years, but I like this show. No binge-watching, but whenever other TV disappoints, I watch an episode, very solid so far.
Meh. It's alright and Ritter is a hottie. But she's bitchy ALL the time. You would think that a chick that could kick pretty much anyone's ass would be a bit more positive/upbeat. I haven't watched the whole thing but it's pretty good. Not as good as all the hype.
I'll be watching this. Daredevil was great so I can't wait for the other Marvel shows to come out.

Also, love the DC side of shows with Arrow and the The Flash(Candice Patton...Wish I could get my hands on her.)
I just finished this, and I was VERY impressed. Of course, it helps that I am such a long-timefan of of the insanely beautiful Kristen Ritter's (something about the extremely pale skin with dark features and red lips is just so striking to me), and I'd watch anything that she's in. It definitely reminded of the old film noir genre, with a little bit of "comic book super hero" thrown in. I think that's why it appealed to me so much. I also appreciated the little Easter eggs they threw in to tie it to the Marvel universe. I'm eagerly awaiting the next season!