Closing of threads and reopening them or just starting a new COED hobby related thread for all to enjoy and take part it!

Closing of threads and reopening them or just starting a new COED hobby related thread for all to enjoy and take part it!

I RTM'D the closed thread THE TRUTH but rather than wait for the powers to be to reopen which might take who knows how long I took the l.ocal mods advise and will open a new thread. Plus I'm sure the MOD talked to the other MODs and ADMIN and maybe it might not get reopened. Rather than waiting to find out...

The New COED thread:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...post1057593148

In this thread lets talk about closing of threads. Here is another MODS spin on closing threads which seems to be the standard around the site!

“Why in the world would we close a thread when people still have something to say? This is a message board. Locking threads is the opposite of encouraging and protecting member rights to participation. It's true, I personally don't close threads except as an absolute last resort. Who am I to tell people what they can and can't talk about or for how long? It's not only my philosophy btw, I'm just on board with the vision”

Then he references two posts by none other than St C.

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount= 10

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount= 40

So what do you guys thinck? Should threads be closed by MODS because "they" think its time to close them or should they die a natural death and just fall off the front page and drift away like most every other thread? And just for fun... let's make it a poll.

The Usual Suspects
Board members and suspected previous handles that bring nothing to the table except to troll and make smart ass off topic comments to get a moment in the sunshine.
Observing (Cheese Dick), GFEJunkie(Dumped Mod), JohnnyYanks(Inspector J Yank Off), Mike Vronsky(TSDante0322), Budman33(Captain Dicknose)
Damit SL, that clip edit caused coffee to spill into a keyboard.
I'd forgotten it was out there.
Damit SL, that clip edit caused coffee to spill into a keyboard.
I'd forgotten it was out there. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
If they can't stay on topic, and turn into a cat fight between members shut them down.
Keep em open! I always have more to say...
Keep em open and let em die
Keep em open! I always have more to say... Originally Posted by Gemma34
I think that the threads here mostly do die a natural death and a suggestion that "Kansas Mods do what they want" or that we just close down anything or everything would be inaccurate.

Usually if a discussion thread has closed it has already been through the normal pattern of...

1. Thread opens
2. Members post ...discussions of whatever topic happens.
3. Thread starts to get off topic a bit or someone takes exception to something posted.

All of which is normal.

But then what happens next is...

4. Name calling starts.
5. Thread then becomes hijacked.
6. Members are reminded by staff to please stay on topic and/or the name calling is not needed and to start another thread if they would like to discuss another topic.
7. Instructions are then either followed or ignored.
8. Thread starts to get back on topic some but is still hijacked by others.
9. Staff starts to pass out candy.
10. Members are unhappy with the choice of candy received.
11. Thread goes quiet some and starts to get back on topic somewhat again.
12. Everyone seems happy once again.
13. Then a combo of steps 4 & 5 will start up again and the whole process is repeated once again, lol.

Now I know that this is all part of SHMB drama 101 but at some point here closing a thread just starts to become another option in this type of last resort scenario rather than seeing members collect points for any number of violations (which seems completely unnecessary at times IMO for these drama type of threads).
I think that the threads here mostly do die a natural death and a suggestion that "Kansas Mods do what they want" or that we just close down anything or everything would be inaccurate.

Usually if a discussion thread has closed it has already been through the normal pattern of...

1. Thread opens
3. Thread starts to get off topic a bit or someone takes exception to something posted.

All of which is normal.

4. Name calling starts.
6. Members are reminded by staff to please stay on topic and/or the name calling is not needed and to start another thread if they would like to discuss another topic.
13. Then a combo of steps 4 & 5 will start up again and the whole process is repeated once again, lol.

Now I know that this is all part of SHMB drama 101 but at some point here closing a thread just starts to become another option in this type of last resort scenario rather than seeing members collect points for any number of violations (which seems completely unnecessary at times IMO for these drama type of threads). Originally Posted by JCM800
OK how long will you guys be keeping "my" thread in the back room? You know the one where the pimp... opps I mean Lariyah posted "private" communication between two board members. Closing threads is one thing... deleting them is another! Shouldn't take very long to delete the private communication and swing the ban hammer..... NO?
Can you add more options to this poll?

[ ] i've been saving this load up for two weeks. who wants to swallow it?
[ ] i'm just here for the gangbang.
[ ] go chiefs
[ ] fbho
[ ] if you poke a hornet's nest, you might get stung.
[ ] if you walk through the yard of a dog owner, you'll probably step in shit.
Can you add more options to this poll?

[ ] i've been saving this load up for two weeks. who wants to swallow it?
[ ] i'm just here for the gangbang.
[ ] go chiefs
[ ] fbho
[ ] if you poke a hornet's nest, you might get stung.
[ ] if you walk through the yard of a dog owner, you'll probably step in shit. Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon
Sadly ..... No
Sadly ..... No Originally Posted by Still Looking
Damn, well at least I got to vote for all of the options I thought were appropriate.

fwiw, I really do appreciate your insights, and those of other old timers here (including mods of course). When things get heavy in a thread, I'll post light hearted replies as I did above. I do though read all of the posts, consider the serious matters at hand, and do my own research by digging through other, old threads.

I'm not going to pretend to have any worthwhile insights on the topics in this thread, so I'll just say that I do appreciate all of the info/opinions that all of you old timers share in threads like this. I read it, remember it, and use it to make hobby-related decisions.
Damn, well at least I got to vote for all of the options I thought were appropriate.

fwiw, I really do appreciate your insights, and those of other old timers here (including mods of course). When things get heavy in a thread, I'll post light hearted replies as I did above. I do though read all of the posts, consider the serious matters at hand, and do my own research by digging through other, old threads.
E...
I'm not going to pretend to have any worthwhile insights on the topics in this thread, so I'll just say that I do appreciate all of the info/opinions that all of you old timers share in threads like this. I read it, remember it, and use it to make hobby-related decisions. Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon

Well thank you very much! It does take a village

1. Thread opens

All of which is normal.

4. Name calling starts.

Now I know that this is all part of SHMB drama 101 but at some point here closing a thread just starts to become another option in this type of last resort scenario rather than seeing members collect points for any number of violations (which seems completely unnecessary at times IMO for these drama type of threads). Originally Posted by JCM800
But JCM, perhaps selected member handles should get additional candy more frequently. Especially if they stalk other members across the boards, or are specifically defensive of "management", or post material that is particularly directed at someone that is attempting to deal with management issues and that clearly has the support of other board members.