Anybody Notice The Feds Wants Apple To Break Into An Americans phone

But the Feds don't want to ask the Syrian refugees coming into the country what's on their phone?
  • Old-T
  • 02-17-2016, 06:35 PM
But the Feds don't want to ask the Syrian refugees coming into the country what's on their phone? Originally Posted by gnadfly

Oh, could the difference be the basic legal belief in "innocent until proven guilty"? Yea, that just might have something to do with it. Or do you not think there was probable cause to believe something was in that phone?
  • MrGiz
  • 02-17-2016, 08:03 PM
So Far... it's been GREAT PR for Apple... The NSA (since Dec 2nd) has not been able to break into an iPhone's Security System!!

Even if Apple can provide entry "into this one phone"... on a one time basis... who would trust them "not to, do it again" under more hidden circumstances???

I believe it's within their rights to tell the NSA, Fuck No!

Many people don't like Apple. . . Who In Fuck, trusts the NSA???

Oh, could the difference be the basic legal belief in "innocent until proven guilty"? Yea, that just might have something to do with it. Or do you not think there was probable cause to believe something was in that phone?
Originally Posted by Old-T
That doesn't really apply here.

The refugees have no right to be here. So, we can condition admittance to the country on a whole host of demands. If they don't want to consent, they don't have to. But then they cannot enter the country.

In fact, there is - or is supposed to be - a lengthy investigation of refugee candidates. We make them provide all kinds or information that the government could not demand from a US citizen.

So, yeah, we should be demanding access to their phone records. And have the right to do so.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/j...005604451.html Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Considering what the Police found in the house of the San Bernadeo shooters, there as obviously other people involved.

It as stroke of luck that the phone was found. There very could be a wealth of information on it.

I can see Apple's concern. They have built a business model touting this very concept of total privacy in the devices they sell.

The bottom line is Apple knows that from a business standpoint, this will not have negative repercussions. 99.9 percent of the people who buy Apple Products could care less. In fact, this could actually boost sales.
I'm a more solid Apple fan, thanks to Tim Cook's stand on this. God Bless him!
I can see Apple's concern. They have built a business model touting this very concept of total privacy in the devices they sell. Originally Posted by Jackie S
"Right of Privacy" does not apply to "this phone" ... since the phone was the property of the county and the user does not have a reasonable, legitimate expectation of privacy when using a government owned phone.

Isn't that why lawyer Hillarious elected to have a "private" server at home?
First off I wouldn't call the terrorist Americans and second there is a huge difference between refugees and terrorist !

But the Feds don't want to ask the Syrian refugees coming into the country what's on their phone? Originally Posted by gnadfly
My point is, Apple could care less about Terrorist, criminals, or who uses their phones. They know that the vast majority of their product users are interested in one thing, does their phone work at the highest level, and is it secure.

A Federal Judge has issued a order. Is anybody going to get arrested? Fined?

The Government is not about to arrest anyone at Apple. Haul Tim Cook out in handcuffs? And a fine? Apple will probably make more off of sales because of publicity that will more than offset any fine the Government would levy.

And Tim Cook would love nothing more than becoming a folk hero, the personification of a citizen standing up to a repressive Government who wants to know everything about everybody.
First off I wouldn't call the terrorist Americans and second there is a huge difference between refugees and terrorist ! Originally Posted by Whodwho
The guy was an American. The wife not.

exNYer understands. The point is the government needs to do its due diligence BEFORE they step foot in this country.
My point is, Apple could care less about Terrorist, criminals, or who uses their phones. Originally Posted by Jackie S
So profit prevails over public safety! Ok!
  • WTF
  • 02-18-2016, 07:03 AM
So profit prevails over public safety! Ok! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Is this now a Second Amendment debate?
Is this now a Second Amendment debate? Originally Posted by WTF
No, duffus. Neither is shouting "fire" in a movie theater!
First off I wouldn't call the terrorist Americans and second there is a huge difference between refugees and terrorist ! Originally Posted by Whodwho
it wasn't the terrorist's phone, it is an obamaphone

free to him

how ridiculous is that

the guy was a government employee and he gets a "free" phone