Alton Sterling shooting: Video of deadly encounter with officers sparks outrage

Yeah and they are doing something about it .....this time.
More police brutality in Louisiana:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/06/us/bat...ing/index.html Originally Posted by SassySue
The real fault in this tragedy lis with the citizen who called in the complaint in the first place.

He recklessly endangered both the man with the gun threatening him and the police officers who are forced to answer the call.

Common sense dictates that if someone is threatening another with a gun, and you call the cops, who will also be armed, the chances that someone will get shot is escalated tremendously.

The man on the street with the gun threatening another man was just doing his job, selling boot leg CD's and protecting his turf. At that point in time, nobody was harmed. The cops who were forced to show up, (after this ill conceived call), we're just doing their jobs as well.

If not for that man picking up a phone and getting another armed party involved, no death would have occurred.

It is time that citizens need to realize that thugs, punks, and criminals are not going away, they are a fact of life, as much a part of society as law abiding Citizens. It is not only unproductive, but down right negligent to ask police officers to get involved simply because you are inconvenienced by a criminals actions.
More police brutality in Louisiana:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/06/us/bat...ing/index.html Originally Posted by SassySue
First of all I'll tell ya this I live right outside of Baton Rouge. I am very familiar with the area this shooting took place. It's centered in the North part of town and considered to be a high crime area. Although this video shows these officers reacted hastily, they went into this call with a predisposed notion that the suspect was armed. It's hard to tell from the video angle what exactly the suspect did to cause the officer to draw his weapon and fire. Could have been a couple things, he could have been reaching for his own weapon or one of the officer's weapon, and that will get you shot in Baton Rouge.

Jim
The "victim" reached for a gun.

Another dumbass dies.
More police brutality Originally Posted by SassySue
Why do they always confuse "brutality" for "doing their job" or "keeping people safe" or "defending themselves" or "neutralizing a habitual criminal"?
Why do they always confuse "brutality" for "doing their job" or "keeping people safe" or "defending themselves" or "neutralizing a habitual criminal"? Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Watch this video. This is an armed encounter BRPD had back in February of this year, not far from this last one. Baton Rouge has become a tough city since Katrina, every bit as bad as NOLA. Police Officers here have no time for bullshit.

Jim

https://youtu.be/2IJnwT14bD8
Yeah, really. Who can blame them?

Nobody.
First of all I'll tell ya this I live right outside of Baton Rouge. I am very familiar with the area this shooting took place. It's centered in the North part of town and considered to be a high crime area. Although this video shows these officers reacted hastily, they went into this call with a predisposed notion that the suspect was armed. It's hard to tell from the video angle what exactly the suspect did to cause the officer to draw his weapon and fire. Could have been a couple things, he could have been reaching for his own weapon or one of the officer's weapon, and that will get you shot in Baton Rouge.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
You actually believe someone was shot!!! I'm shocked.
Unfortunately, court records show 37 year-old Alton Sterling's arrest history includes:

9/09/96 aggravated battery
10/31/97 2nd degree battery
1/06/98 simple battery
5/04/00 public intimidation
9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a (forbidden subject)
9/04/01 domestic violence
5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
7/11/05 receiving stolen things
9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery
4/12/06 aggravated battery, simple criminal damage to property, disturbing the peace, unauthorized entry
4/04/08 domestic abuse battery
6/03/09 resisting an officer, (forbidden subject) possession, receiving stolen things, possession of stolen firearm, illegal carrying of a weapon with CDs, sound reproduct without consent
10/12/09 illegal carrying of weapon, (forbidden subject) possession
8/13/15 failure to register as a sex offender
4/08/16 failure to register as a sex offender
6/14/16 (forbidden subject) and (forbidden subject) possession

WAFB opted to leave the scene at one point after a reporter was robbed of his iPad while standing across the street from where the shooting happened. Police were called and the suspect was arrested. (CBS5)
Woman shot in the neck near location of Alton Sterling shooting, protest
Wednesday, July 6th 2016, 5:21 pm CDT (WAFB)

You actually believe someone was shot!!! I'm shocked. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I know the difference between reality and bullshit. You prove time and time again you don't, "Mr CGI Man", lol.

Jim
Unfortunately, court records show Alton Sterling's arrest history includes:

9/09/96 aggravated battery
10/31/97 2nd degree battery
1/06/98 simple battery
5/04/00 public intimidation
9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a (forbidden subject)
9/04/01 domestic violence
5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
7/11/05 receiving stolen things
9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery
4/12/06 aggravated battery, simple criminal damage to property, disturbing the peace, unauthorized entry
4/04/08 domestic abuse battery
6/03/09 resisting an officer, (forbidden subject) possession, receiving stolen things, possession of stolen firearm, illegal carrying of a weapon with CDs, sound reproduct without consent
10/12/09 illegal carrying of weapon, (forbidden subject) possession
8/13/15 failure to register as a sex offender
4/08/16 failure to register as a sex offender
6/14/16 (forbidden subject) and (forbidden subject) possession Originally Posted by I B Hankering
He's just a problem child the City of Baton Rouge doesn't have to worry about anymore.

Jim
I know the difference between reality and bullshit. You prove time and time again you don't, "Mr CGI Man", lol.

LMFAO,
LMFAO, Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Yeah, I am laughing too, just thinking about the horseshit you've posted in the past. But come to think of it being that Louisiana now has a Liberal Governor and Baton Rouge is the Capital of Louisiana, it's possible this shooting was staged, but time will tell.

Jim
Yeah, I am laughing too, just thinking about the horseshit you've posted in the past. But come to think of it being that Louisiana now has a Liberal Governor and Baton Rouge is the Capital of Louisiana, it's possible this shooting was staged, but time will tell.