Privacy issue. A little advice needed.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the hobby and read in a couple of threads that it is recommended that I get a throwaway pre-paid cell phone for hobby purposes. I wanted to get a Tracfone because you don't have to give your name to setup the phone online but found out that it wouldn't work in my zip. Can anyone recommend a pre-paid phone that I can get that is anonymous and works here in the greater San Antonio area?

To the moderators, if this is in the wrong section please move to the appropriate location. I din't know where to put it as it is related to this area and I wanted to get feedback from locals. Thanks.
There's a lot of different pre-paid places that don't require a contract. Hell wal-mart has one even.
Haha, just wanted to make sure. I'm still wet behind the ears, no pun intended. Thanks for sharing.
hmmm att, verizon, netspend....the list goes one
I've had better luck with Net10. You can buy a half way decent phone and the mins seem a better deal...just don't use your credit card to pay for mins on the phone ... you can buy them at any dept store. AND its free to change your number...
Your starting out, wisely!

I can't recommend where to find a phone like that. BUT when you do get it. Always remember to keep the phone OFF/or ringer OFF when your not using it. And hide it somewhere no one will be the wiser in looking. Like tapped to the inside of your trunk, far back in the back, up top. And like Tara, mentioned. Don't use your CC.
Purchase $25, 50, 100.00 Visa gift cards from HEB, CVS to pay for your phone minutes.

Hobby safely & wisely and enjoy the journey.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the hobby and read in a couple of threads that it is recommended that I get a throwaway pre-paid cell phone for hobby purposes. I wanted to get a Tracfone because you don't have to give your name to setup the phone online but found out that it wouldn't work in my zip. Can anyone recommend a pre-paid phone that I can get that is anonymous and works here in the greater San Antonio area?

To the moderators, if this is in the wrong section please move to the appropriate location. I din't know where to put it as it is related to this area and I wanted to get feedback from locals. Thanks. Originally Posted by conquer_it_all
Your starting out, wisely!

I can't recommend where to find a phone like that. BUT when you do get it. Always remember to keep the phone OFF/or ringer OFF when your not using it. And hide it somewhere no one will be the wiser in looking. Like tapped to the inside of your trunk, far back in the back, up top. And like Tara, mentioned. Don't use your CC.
Purchase $25, 50, 100.00 Visa gift cards from HEB, CVS to pay for your phone minutes.

Hobby safely & wisely and enjoy the journey. Originally Posted by Wicked Milf
Well said WickedMilf!

Sixx
Wicked and Liki are like EF Hutton in the 80s...they KNOW their shit! AND they are outspoken, intelligent and I am going to be (hopefully) somewhat like them when I grow up...IF I grow up!
Google voice.

T-mobile, ATT, or netspend.