Jerry Jones selected as contributor finalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame

I think the guy is deserving. He certainly changed the way the league has done business in his time. Thoughts?
Jerry's certainly made his mark, no question....and perhaps in more ways than any of us will actually ever know.

He appeared buffoonish (yes...I know.....what's changed, right?)when he first appeared in Dallas in 1989. He quickly learned how the media worked and how to use it to his benefit. His $140 million investment is (according to Forbes) worth $4 Billion today. That increase is perceived value did not happen by accident or sheer luck.

Presently, the NFL is a $10 Billion Dollar Giant (and showing no signs of slowing down regardless what Mark Cuban says). That growth simply did not occur on it's own. More than Paul Tagliabue...and certainly light-years beyond Roger Goodell's feeble contributions....Jerry's impact on the NFL has been monumental. His footprint is as big as anyone's in the game (as a contributor).

If the HOF was left up to the other 31 team owners, they'd vote him in unanimously today.

Anyways....I think it's just a matter of time before his bust is in Canton. It'd be a hoot if Jimmy ended up being his presentor.
Jerry's certainly made his mark, no question....and perhaps in more ways than any of us will actually ever know.

He appeared buffoonish (yes...I know.....what's changed, right?)when he first appeared in Dallas in 1989. He quickly learned how the media worked and how to use it to his benefit. His $140 million investment is (according to Forbes) worth $4 Billion today. That increase is perceived value did not happen by accident or sheer luck.

Presently, the NFL is a $10 Billion Dollar Giant (and showing no signs of slowing down regardless what Mark Cuban says). That growth simply did not occur on it's own. More than Paul Tagliabue...and certainly light-years beyond Roger Goodell's feeble contributions....Jerry's impact on the NFL has been monumental. His footprint is as big as anyone's in the game (as a contributor).

If the HOF was left up to the other 31 team owners, they'd vote him in unanimously today.

Anyways....I think it's just a matter of time before his bust is in Canton. It'd be a hoot if Jimmy ended up being his presentor. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot

If Jimmy presents him, I'll kiss your butt on Main Street and give ya a 1/2 hour to draw a crowd. And yes, call him a buffoon, or sly as a fox. He is financial and sales genius.
Owners should not be in the HOF. Jerry has done nothing but increase the value of his franchise, which is nothing short of amazing considering the mediocre product that has been presented for the past two decades. As a football man, Jerry is among the worst GMs in professional sports. He has no business in the HOF.
He helped ALL other owners increase their revenue as well, as well as put a pretty good product on the field in the last several years. You once again show you do not know jack shit and shoot your mouth off far too often.
Jerry Jones the owner sure no problem but J.J. the G.M. who's always on the sidelines and his is slowly making his way to the commentators box,don't forget Jimmy Johnson won his SB's.
He is indeed going in as an owner and a contributor to the league, for the reasons I just laid out. He showed the other owners how to diversify revenue streams and generated more income overall for all owners.

Jerry the GM has put together the best O-line in football, a great secondary, what could be the rookie of the year as RB, and lookout when they get their D-line back. Many teams wish they could have such impact players.
Owners should not be in the HOF. He (Jerry) has no business in the HOF. Originally Posted by pyramider
Then you, sir, must've absolutely hated the inaugural class ('63) of HOFer's.....17 inductees....including:

Tim Mara
George Preston Marshall
George Halas
Joe Carr
Bert Bell

Guess what? The HOF has been recognizing players along with owners, GM's, commissioners, etc since Day One. It is what it is. The baseball and basketball HOF's have done the same. Whether you approve....or not...this is how it works.
So in his interview with The Hardline he mentioned he tried to buy the Chargers when he was 23 before the Spanos family purchased them from the Hilton family. My god, imagine how the franchise would have changed, not having Jerry.
It's hard to say. Chances are, he would have pushed for a new stadium from day one. If not successful, he may have relocated the franchise by now. So your guess is as good as mine.
  • harry
  • 08-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Jerry has done nothing but increase the value of his franchise, which is nothing short of amazing considering the mediocre product that has been presented for the past two decades. As a football man, Jerry is among the worst GMs in professional sports. He has no business in the HOF. Originally Posted by pyramider
I agree that Jerry Jones is one of the worst GMs in the NFL. No team in the NFL would hire Jerry to be their GM. He's put 20 years of mediocre teams and futility on the field and has made a fortune!
Jerry the GM would be fired from any team for failing to win any type of title (even a divisional championship) for twenty consecutive years.

He's a great salesman and promoter but a piss poor football man.
He is indeed going in as an owner and a contributor to the league, for the reasons I just laid out. He showed the other owners how to diversify revenue streams and generated more income overall for all owners.

Jerry the GM has put together the best O-line in football, a great secondary, what could be the rookie of the year as RB, and lookout when they get their D-line back. Many teams wish they could have such impact players. Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid
Putting money in the owners' pockets is hardly HOF worthy. The O line belongs to Will McClay and Stephen Jones. Jerry wanted Manzel. A great secondary? You are your handle. The D line at best will be considered average, yeah that is something to hang your hat on.

Then you, sir, must've absolutely hated the inaugural class ('63) of HOFer's.....17 inductees....including:

Tim Mara
George Preston Marshall
George Halas
Joe Carr
Bert Bell

Guess what? The HOF has been recognizing players along with owners, GM's, commissioners, etc since Day One. It is what it is. The baseball and basketball HOF's have done the same. Whether you approve....or not...this is how it works. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot

Halas was also a coach.
Who do you think is in charge of the entire draft you little punk a@@ b@#$%? Amazing how shit fucking stupid you are old man.
You're a little hater punk who talks smack here since you are incapable of doing it in person. Pray you never meet me with your smart mouth.
Hey i like J.J. the owner but the G.M. is a no go his no better than matt millen(the lions)shrug one maybe two playoff wins in fifteen years what G.M. would have a job zero.

i am a 3rd generation cowboy fan in born in dallas i was 11 win they won their last super bowl.