I hope Aggies all over Houston are drowning in tears

The howls just 5 days ago as the CFP committee placed A&M #4.....I can't think of many sounds as bad as fingernails on a blackboard These howls certainly were.

In Aggieland, there's some kind of mass delusion. As if, A&M has not been forever mediocre. Before those rankings, I saw many Aggies complaining about why the AP and Coaches had them behind Ohio St and Louisville. (Probably because every polling model under the sun consistently did). Cries of media bias......

Yeah. Ok. Oh the irony because ESPN is not at all pimping the SEC and all teams in it.

Of course, this is, in someways even sweeter. Because actually taunting A&M with the possibility of making the playoff and then immediately losing to a 3-5 team is pretty sweet justice.

A&M. Quit deluding yourselves and sucking your own dick. You remain mediocre. You just have a bunch of people who couldn't get their dick sucked anywhere else and still have to do it themselves.
B-b-b-b-but muh Wrecking Crew
They can't handle a taste of success , that is 100% on the coach. They are going to keep doing this, 6 and 0 starts and finish with about 3 losses.
They can't handle a taste of success , that is 100% on the coach. They are going to keep doing this, 6 and 0 starts and finish with about 3 losses. Originally Posted by worldbfree
I think more fundamentally they simply are an average football team. Especially considering the size of their school and base. Look back thru all time history and you could argue they are even below average in football.

The MO has been 4 losses or more after starting undefeated without Manziel.

2015 8-4
2014 8-5
2013 9-4
2012 11-2*

Outside of having Johnny Manziel. They haven't had a 10 win season since 1998. I don't attribute that season success primarily to a good football team, good coaching, etc. Just one or two players going insane off the charts.

Sumlin, in his career, has gotten undue credit for Star QBs he did little or nothing to recruit or develop. Drew Brees, Case Keenum, Johnny Manziel. So you are correct. There is a coaching issue as well. But again, the program is fundamentally average and I think you have to look at University leadership on that.

Example. The insane contract they gave to Sumlin which has a buyout that basically stops them from canning him. A&M leadership behaves as if they are Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, etc, etc. that the foundation is already well built and they just have to get the "stars". They are incorrect. Ohio St can get Urban Meyer and then immediately win or contend for national championships. It doesn't matter what coach or star athletes A&M gets. They won't be on that level till they build football starting with the University itself.
Wow, someone has some serious maroon envy.
Wow, someone has some serious maroon envy. Originally Posted by pyramider
Haha. Sure.

What I'm talking about. There's nothing to be envious of. No matter how storied Aggie land believes itself to be. Being delusional doesn't make anything true.

But hey. I'm only trying to help them avoid their continuous disappointment. Quit believing they are anywhere close to top tier level and it won't be surprising when they lose to 3-5 teams.
Wow, someone has some serious maroon envy. Originally Posted by pyramider
So. Following up a loss to a 3-5 team with a 23 point 4th quarter collapse to a 4-5 team. Yep. Aggie Football.
...look at the injuries they have and you might cut them more slack. They are the ONLY team to have threatened Alabama this year and that says a lot. If healthy, they are a top-tier team...though bama is at a level of their own. Don't tell me the Anti-ag is a longhorn fan? Pffft.
I thought I was watching the Oilers yesterday.

Saw someone win $2100 by taking the under.
Yeah screw them Aggies ..... bunch of losers ..... let's all support a good team ..... like your hometown powerhouse, those kick ass, take no prisoners Rice Owls ..... oh, wait .....