Mobile Version

I have a black berry, and it awesome! Just when I load eccie on my phone, it has to load up the full html script. Can Eccie get a mobile version or at least an App?
  • Mokoa
  • 03-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Due to the adult nature of this site, I doubt that there will be an app available for the iPhone since Apple frowns upon such things. Probably true with the manufacturers of the other devices too.
A mobile version would be great for me as I am on my BB here much more than on the laptop
Wasn't there a mobile version of ECCIE in the past? Maybe I'm confusing it with another board.
A mobile version would be great for me as I am on my BB here much more than on the laptop Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
vBulletin, the software used to power ECCIE, offers an iPhone app. But users can't just download and use it: Each board has to license that feature to enable the iPhone app to work with it.

Sorry CC, nothing about a BlackBerry app. No clue if admin/mod UI is included in their iPhone app anyway.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/vbulleti...01734344?mt=8#

Edit: That App I linked to is just for connecting to vbulletin.com. It appears that vBulletin requires that you submit a branded app, after paying them a customization fee, to the apple store, so never mind. That surely wouldn't pass the Apple store rules. Too bad, if only they offered access to the app as a paid additional license to the board software...
Tapatalk is used on most of the other forums I frequent. It's vBulletin compatible, too.
Wasn't there a mobile version of ECCIE in the past? Maybe I'm confusing it with another board. Originally Posted by jokacz
TER has a mobile version that works well. I know it is something that is being discussed here for us.

An app would be cool but a mobile version would work for me.
I do fine with this version, though it takes a while to load all the images. Most of my posting is done from my Iphone and Blackberry, but I find the Iphone is much faster.
  • Mokoa
  • 03-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I am able to browse this site quite well with my Droid 2. However, I have also found that the significant editing of posts and threads is quite problematic and best done on a laptop or desktop system.
I am able to browse this site quite well with my Droid 2. However, I have also found that the significant editing of posts and threads is quite problematic and best done on a laptop or desktop system. Originally Posted by Mokoa
Thats exactly my problem too Mokoa. Anything more than a quick move of post/thread gets extremely cumbersome. The actual browsing works OK, much slower than on a computer but it works good enough.
I do fine with this version, though it takes a while to load all the images. Most of my posting is done from my Iphone and Blackberry, but I find the Iphone is much faster. Originally Posted by London Rayne
I have both a BB and an IPhone, don't really notice much difference. Think it has much more to do with the network and signal strength than the unit itself. This 3G/4G stuff is awesome and damn near as quick loading as my cable at home. Edge isn't bad, anything lower than that I just close the browser!
aspd had mobile version, or html lite version. i suggest downloading another browser. i have a windows mobile 6.5 phone. i have ie, opera, and skyfire. they all load a little different but do offer options on how/what they load.
Wish you could get into chat using an iPhone.
Wish you could get into chat using an iPhone. Originally Posted by Wordsmith
Amen, brother. There have been more than a few days when I was ready for a diversion from work and looking for a like-minded woman.
Droid X with Dolphin browser is good. I have no problems with any feature of this site. Even can load up chat.