best burgers

I am a redneck foosdie.....so I am always looking for the dives to put in my food journal....................SO where are the best burgers in west texas???
Heff's Burgers are hard to beat around here for a fast food place.

They are in Lubbock Abilene and San Angelo
I with buzt
Checkout Basin Burger House in Midland. They have a Mac Attack burger that has fried Mac&Cheese on top of the regular burger patty...
MMMM thanks...now I am hungry!!

Is that lil "drive up" joint still open in Midland??
  • Twain
  • 01-18-2017, 08:30 AM
Ok, so my suggestion isn't really west Texas but just up the road on I-25 in Hatch NM (no more than 80 miles from El Paso)...
Sparky's is by far the best green chile cheeseburger I have ever eaten ( and I have spent a 60 yr lifetime searching). Get the one topped with world famous Hatch green chile and bbq'd pulled pork while sippin on an El Rojo and listening to local blues bands.

http://sparkysburgers.com/

Bobs Better Burger is still open in Midland
Checkout Basin Burger House in Midland. They have a Mac Attack burger that has fried Mac&Cheese on top of the regular burger patty... Originally Posted by Donndiego
Mmmmmmmm sounds just as good as cum!!!!
Mmmm yep BOB'S
Bayou burger, at Gator's Bayou, in Lubbock is kind of like a sore dick.
Coyote Bluff in Amarillo.
Golden Light in Amarillo
Outside of the normal chain burger for Lubbock, try Christakis Burgers
Dos Amigos in Odessa, use to be bar with bull rides but now bar/grill where they have concerts. The food is pretty darn good! Burgers are on sour dough buns and the food is fresh not pre made. No evening service on food but free happy hour buffet till 7. Blue collar crowd so everyone is laid back.
I'd have to go with Coyote Bluff in Amarillo.... If you can stand the heat go for "The Burger from Hell"