Hijack THIS!!

Okay, let me first say that I am an adult - I know this because I check the little box every time I login. Secondly, I understand the need to have rules and I am all for "law and order". I have read and understand the rules but I'm a little confused by the existence of this many rules devoted to a site that, by its own nature, exists to break the rules. With that said, it does seem to me that there has been an uneven application of the rules (and resulting discipline) and I hope to get some feedback so I (we) can understand.

1) What exactly is hijacking a thread?? I think I know and I'm certain I'm guilty of this infraction myself or at least participating in a thread that has been hijacked (does that also make me guilty?)

2) If a thread is hijacked and I participate, can I be sent to ECCIE prison?

3) Who determines exactly who is responsible for hijacking a thread? Especially if so many people participate and contribute...who determines exactly when the hijacking took place? and how are we supposed to recognize this "crime" when it occurs?

Please help...I really enjoy the people and the interaction that goes on here and across the country...it just gets a little disheartening to see some of the more interesting and enthusiastic participants get voted off the island.

At the OP's request, please hijack this thread and let the free flowing information be an education to us all.
Did someone say rules? We have rules? When the fuck did this happen? I didn't get the memo...
With that said, it does seem to me that there has been an uneven application of the rules (and resulting discipline) and I hope to get some feedback so I (we) can understand. Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
Yup!

1) What exactly is hijacking a thread??
Ed, I can't wait to F your brains out! <<<<<< That's hijacking.

I think I know and I'm certain I'm guilty of this infraction myself or at least participating in a thread that has been hijacked (does that also make me guilty?)
Yup but If I'm one of the posters, I'll get points and you won't.
Some of the mods here love me. They love point fucking me too. Can you blame them?

Yup.

3) Who determines exactly who is responsible for hijacking a thread? Especially if so many people participate and contribute...who determines exactly when the hijacking took place? and how are we supposed to recognize this "crime" when it occurs?
Who knows. Maybe Johnnybax will chime in and answer this one. Hell I got in trouble for hijacking an already jacked thread.
I can live with rules, but what appears to be uneven application of these rules does piss me off.

The truth is that the owner can and will do what he pleases in this regard. If too much of what is perceived as unfair BS goes on it will have an effect on the boards acceptance and hence its curativeness.
Th notion of "thread hijacking" is an extremely masculine one, as is the insistence that threads stay "on topic". Women don't converse like that, and insisting that we do has a tendency to stifle the expression of female board members. This isn't a problem unique to ECCIE; it happens on every board with a large number of female posters. Women's conversations are organic and grow in many directions, and male mods (and even some male posters) get bent out of shape over it because they apparently want women to interact in a male "on topic" style, which is both silly and unrealistic.
Naomi. . . When I'm I going to see those girls? Can't help to stare at them. LOL
Angel, are you saying that women are biologically incapable of staying on topic in conversations? Shit, I actually agree with you.
Naomi. . . When I'm I going to see those girls? Can't help to stare at them. LOL Originally Posted by shorty
They're in the mood for some loving today too... LOL!
AngelOK... Isn't it just as silly to expect men to always converse in the way women do. I've seen quite a few ladies get bent out of shape over the way men converse.... lol
Shh!! We better not tell Ed!LOL
AngelOK... Isn't it just as silly to expect men to always converse in the way women do. I've seen quite a few ladies get bent out of shape over the way men converse.... lol Originally Posted by Eccie Addict

The men here want us to talk about sex all day. Sure maybe that's what SOME of us get paid for and true, this IS an SHMB but a lot of us are REALLY into guys that can hold a conversation on other subjects. Think about it, we deal with sex on a daily basis. I would really love to be one of the ass kissing providers that say yes to everything a man says on here and write ads all day but I can't. It's not me. I can't even fake it. SEX is awesome but there are more things going on in this world for one to only be able to talk about how I give the best bbbjs or how I talk too much but he wants to bang my brains out anyway. One of the reasons why London and I are good friends. She is very unpretentious. I love that about her.
Th notion of "thread hijacking" is an extremely masculine one, as is the insistence that threads stay "on topic". Women don't converse like that, and insisting that we do has a tendency to stifle the expression of female board members. This isn't a problem unique to ECCIE; it happens on every board with a large number of female posters. Women's conversations are organic and grow in many directions, and male mods (and even some male posters) get bent out of shape over it because they apparently want women to interact in a male "on topic" style, which is both silly and unrealistic. Originally Posted by AngelOK
I'm not sure I buy this. EW seems to be a bit stricter on thread drift than some of the other mods. But that's just a perception...I don't have any empirical evidence.
... I hope to get some feedback so I (we) can understand.

1) What exactly is hijacking a thread?? I think I know and I'm certain I'm guilty of this infraction myself or at least participating in a thread that has been hijacked (does that also make me guilty?)

Please help..... Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
Is there a mod (or two) in the house??
Yes Ed,

Question 1
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.

Question 2
Yes, theoretically

Question 3
The Mods for that particular forum
Seriously, do you not have "real" lives or is this it? Ok so the rules suck, arent applied equally, and unfair to some due to bias. WTF who cares, its no different than anything else in life.

No matter how much bitching, whining, moaning, and groaning you do nothing will be accomplished nor will it change. I mean look what happened the last time someone promoted "change" in America, haha.

Just move on to another board. I for one am headed to the beach, I prefer not to sink my heart and soul into the trivial BS of a hooker board.