I'm getting tired of each post being LIKED.

Can you make it possible so that someone can NOT "like" their own post? I've seen it done on some sites where you can't give yourself "reputation". Can we have the same thing here for the like button?

It seems that every post in a lot of threads has at least 1 like on them. Most are not worthy of a like. I have a feeling that someone is either just "testing out" the like button or "liking" their own post and thus, it's not an accurate count of whether that particular comment/or post deserved a "like".

With every post being "liked", it makes the button useless unless you can post the names of whomever LIKED that particular post. This is done on another site where you're allowed to THANK the poster for his post. Your name is displayed. You can always remove your THANK YOU if you change your mind. I like that system because it eliminates someone THANKING or LIKING their own post. I'm sure this alone would help eliminate the unnecessary "liking" and make the system less of a joke.

What do you think?? Is it possible?
I find it amusingly ironic that one person has "liked" your post.
Me too and it wasn't me. lol
Didn't figure it was...
  • MrGiz
  • 03-25-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm getting of tired seeing so much disappointment within The Hobby!

Seems to be more of an overly business type - joylessness , throughout!!

Probably just me...
  • MrGiz
  • 03-26-2011, 07:45 AM
>> " tired of " <<
I've seen it done on some sites where you can't give yourself "reputation".

This is done on another site where you're allowed to THANK the poster for his post. Originally Posted by tia travels
Perhaps spend more time on the sites you "like"?
Perhaps spend more time on the sites you "like"? Originally Posted by MacTheKnife
I am...thus I care enough to express an observation about possibly improving the site I "like".

I can meet you and LIKE you. Perhaps you keep your pinkie nail long compared to the rest of your nails. And perhaps I don't like that. But that doesn't stop me from liking you overall.
I "like" your post tia travels.
I wouldn't mind seeing a 'dislike' button.
Me too and it wasn't me. lol Originally Posted by tia travels
I liked you until you posted that. No more like for you...

The OP is up to 11 likes.
This thread reminds me of a quote from the movie As Good As It Gets ,when Helen Hunt told Jack Nicholson, "I want your life for one minute where my biggest problem is someone offering me a free convertible."
I am glad Tia is not into self liking . . . I heard self liking will make you go blind.
I have a confession:

I have run across posts I've made that only had one like, and I am guilty of hitting the like button again so that people don't think I am liking my own posts! I'm so tormented! Get rid of the damn thing!
I hit the like button for you the second time this time, so no worries.