New Iowa Regulations

Once they pass this new regulation where they will make it unnecessary to have licensing for massage therapists and other professions, will there be an even greater amount massage parlors opening?
Probably not. A lot of the law is about semantics, how things in your signs or ad are worded. For instance, Tuina is a specific Asian art, not covered by Massage laws, so Tuina Studios are exempt already. A lot of them have licenses now, but who knows how you match the name to the person. The non-Asian massage people were bitching its hard to compete with the Asians because they don't follow rags. So rather than crack down on the Asian spas, just do away with the regs and give them a level playing field.
I think their complaint lacks weight though. The Asian spas are more expensive for an hour by $10 - $15. The Asian girls work harder, have table shower, and are cute as hell. You white girls cant compete with that.
But to be fair, I've heard 3 different Asian girls bitch about being to tired, or their arms or back hurt. Guess they've been in country too long. Can you say workmens comp lawsuit?
Eh, you get a lot of variance from the 'legit' massage places. A place like massage heights\envy has a lot of girls straight out of massage school. Its cheaper, but its a gamble on what you get. The good ones are better than most of the AMP massages, imo. The private studios that many have, once they get beyond ME\MH, often are higher quality, but more expensive too.

Its hard to say much about the overall market though. The big MH\ME chains have likely disrupted a lot of existing business before the AMPs started exploding all over as well. That whole industry has to be in flux.