earth - center of the universe

For a long time, the church and the scientific community held the belief that the
earth was the center of the universe, and everything revolved around it.

If you didn't follow that, you would be called a heretic, banned from science societies,even burned at the stake.

What is amazing is that it took so long to accept that there is no central point in the universe. Whenever you are moving, or in a moving object, what is outside will go past, or revolve, around you. They must have realized this a long time ago.

I've known people who thought they were the center of the universe. They weren't big fans of astronomy or religious philosophy, obviously. I adjusted my orbit accordingly.

Now, my chihuahuas think they are the nexus of all-that-matters, and I doubt I'll ever be able to convince them otherwise. Call me a spoiled lapdog enabler, but heck, they think I'm a supreme deity, so the relationship works.

It is in Tulsa Oklahoma. Sounds interesting, will have to check it out if I ever go there. A spot on the ground were you stand and sound is reflected back at you louder than the original sound. Anyone outside the circle can not hear you. Hoax or real, I want to find out. Sound waves can do some weird things.
It is in Tulsa Oklahoma. Sounds interesting, will have to check it out if I ever go there. A spot on the ground were you stand and sound is reflected back at you louder than the original sound. Anyone outside the circle can not hear you. Hoax or real, I want to find out. Sound waves can do some weird things. Originally Posted by ProhibitionX
There's a "sacred site" among the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza, Mexico, with similar acoustic phenomena, whispers that can be heard clearly over inexplicably long distances. During the Equinox there's some astounding visual effects, too, that seem to show the feathered serpent Kukulkan making his way down the main pyramid. Been there for the sound bites, but not for the lizard's descent.

Amazing, those ancient aliens, er, engineers.
If you want real science, talk to Kyrie Irving of the Cavaliers, reported that he thinks the world is flat.

Did someone say chicken itza?

If you want real science, talk to Kyrie Irving of the Cavaliers, reported that he thinks the world is flat.

. Originally Posted by O'Mike
That's no difference from SC thinking he's Jesus
That's no difference from SC thinking he's Jesus Originally Posted by tbone2u
That and that former Texan Arian Foster thinks he can win in a fight against a full grown wild wolf................because the wolf has no thumbs.

The world is full of these people.......................

. Originally Posted by O'Mike
Scientists work hard and filled with passion to present us with the most accurate truths , yet there are people who ignore all the evidence and still believe we live on a flat earth, with the sun and the moon revolving around us. It's baffling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern...arth_societies
The taint is the center of understanding the universe.
The existence of any and all mofo's is so improbable it becomes a statistical impossibility....assuming there is no guiding intelligence.
Feeling kind of........small ?

Bark softly and carry a big ego. Bossy chihuahuas never feel small.

I am always at the center of my universe.