Careful out there

Ofcorse off bp...

I was this close againnmm!@

No more bp for me. ,������������

Ladies be careful

71329981*7↩↩le
Were you advertising on BP?
If this is a warning about a fellow with an inference that he is LE, some kind of detail would be nice, and perhaps best relegated to the local ladies lounge. If that is his phone number, it isn't masked properly. (Too many numerals showing.) Arguably not a violation unless he's a member, but you never really know who is and isn't, so best to follow guidelines EXACTLY when posting data.
If this is a warning about a fellow with an inference that he is LE, some kind of detail would be nice, and perhaps best relegated to the local ladies lounge.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Agree with the first part. Disagree with this part ...

"...perhaps best relegated to the local ladies lounge."

I abhor closed door, backroom, gossip sessions for which there is no "light" shining on the allegations. There's enough gossipy innuendo on here as it is ... without adding to it in a "private" forum (which is obviously not "private" to everyone)!

If one doesn't want to say it publicly (with Rule constraints of course), ...

....then IMO don't say it at all.
Agree with the first part. Disagree with this part ...

"...perhaps best relegated to the local ladies lounge."

I abhor closed door, backroom, gossip sessions for which there is no "light" shining on the allegations. There's enough gossipy innuendo on here as it is ... without adding to it in a "private" forum (which is obviously not "private" to everyone)!

If one doesn't want to say it publicly (with Rule constraints of course), ...

....then IMO don't say it at all. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I understand this, LL, I really do, and abhor such gossip and innuendo myself, so there has to be clear and present danger with substantiated evidence to warrant a warning, but there's a very practical reason to keep some details out of the open forums, confined to EITHER the men's or women's private discussion areas depending on the circumstances, and ironically, it's a tactic that LE uses, too.

If there is entrapment, scammery, or just a really bad player trying to float under the radar on ECCIE, and we let on that we know the who and the what and plaster that info indiscriminately, all that person does is change handles, contact info, and approach, then start over again, further complicating the problem and perhaps taking their behavior to the next, more harmful level. Cops frequently employ the same strategy, keeping their knowledge of a perpetrator and his/her methods quiet so that person doesn't change mode of operation, and can therefore continue to be monitored over time, especially for escalation.

Many things can be discussed publicly, but sometimes it's
just more efficiently beneficial to beware and BE aware of the evil that we already know rather than trying to track the one we don't from scratch.

Many things can be discussed publicly, but sometimes it's
just more efficiently benefic ial to beware and BE aware of the evil that we already know rather than trying to track the one we don't from scratch.

Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
I don't know the OP, but this "Alert" is essentially worthless.

If a hobbyist might know the person being identified, having the details in a "Ladies Only" forum (supposedly that is) is useless in the effort to identify the person "to the community"! And vice-versa BTW.

Having been the TARGET of numerous attempts to "paint me" as LE, I can assure you this "community" is collectively "challenged" in their lameass attempts to identify ANYONE as "LE" and the Mods DO NOTHING on the surface to address those spurious accusations!
I don't know the OP, but this "Alert" is essentially worthless.

If a hobbyist might know the person being identified, having the details in a "Ladies Only" forum (supposedly that is) is useless in the effort to identify the person "to the community"! And vice-versa BTW.

Having been the TARGET of numerous attempts to "paint me" as LE, I can assure you this "community" is collectively "challenged" in their lameass attempts to identify ANYONE as "LE" and the Mods DO NOTHING on the surface to address those spurious accusations! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I agree; vague alerts of this nature are worthless, and accusing anyone in the context of the Hobby as being LE without evidence is as detrimental and as defamatory as accusing an adult in the civvie world of child abuse without basis. Both are horrible shadows to reputation, with damage that lingers on and on. Many providers feel the same way, not just me, and recognize the seriousness of such allegations.

We should all be VERY careful with what we type henceforth, and really think about the implications. Alas, humankind as a species doesn't do well in forecasting future effects off of past or current events. We look to a danged groundhog to predict the weather, and there will have to be a 40-story iceberg floating next to the Statue of Liberty before global warming is acknowledged.
....and there will have to be a 40-story iceberg floating next to the Statue of Liberty before global warming is acknowledged. Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Not an alert!
No specifics given, not an alert moved to coed.