Can't afford new pics....

• Alli
  • 04-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Can anyone help? Send me a PM, please. I may be able to pay something($), but not as much as most photographers are asking.
If you are up for trading services, I'm sure you will find a few takers!! Good luck hun!
I would contact topcat19542001 ... he has helped other Houston ladies with photos in the past.

I don't know him personally, but he seems very nice
Try taking some in the mirror hon with your cell or camera that's what I do
and they did not cost a dime and every guy must be pleased. why is it if a guys complains about prices being too hihg or not being able to afford a womans rates but when a sp cries pooor at xmas or when in need or services we are supposed to be sympathetic. for gods sale you make 175 hr not many people do. if you really want pro photos put out a couple all night specials at 300 /400 do a couple nights problem solved. not up for that do 20 $50 bng specials problem solved. hope all goes well.
Try taking some in the mirror hon with your cell or camera that's what I do Originally Posted by **Karla**
Try taking some in the mirror hon with your cell or camera that's what I do Originally Posted by **Karla**
If she's going for a professional image, I would highly advice against camera phone pictures. Unless she's some kind of pro at DIY photos then she should leave it to the pros. Our photos makes us money in this business. It's not something to toy with.

A mixture of pro pics and amateur pics are always nice but most guys despise camera phone pictures. OP, Create an account on model mayhem. I'm sure you'll get some photographers wanting to work with you on TFPs (Time for Prints).
  • Alli
  • 04-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Well honestly, I'm lucky if I get 2 legit calls a week. I have someone I have to support as well as other bills. Oh, and a babysitter overnight can cost a pretty penny. Unfortunately, I can't offer my services for anything other than help$.

and they did not cost a dime and every guy must be pleased. why is it if a guys complains about prices being too hihg or not being able to afford a womans rates but when a sp cries pooor at xmas or when in need or services we are supposed to be sympathetic. for gods sale you make 175 hr not many people do. if you really want pro photos put out a couple all night specials at 300 /400 do a couple nights problem solved. not up for that do 20 $50 bng specials problem solved. hope all goes well. Originally Posted by petiteassman
and they did not cost a dime and every guy must be pleased. why is it if a guys complains about prices being too hihg or not being able to afford a womans rates but when a sp cries pooor at xmas or when in need or services we are supposed to be sympathetic. for gods sale you make 175 hr not many people do. if you really want pro photos put out a couple all night specials at 300 /400 do a couple nights problem solved. not up for that do 20 $50 bng specials problem solved. hope all goes well. Originally Posted by petiteassman
Ok this wasn't necessary. You are judging her and you shouldn't. You don't know what the costs are involved to set up and maintain a business in the hobby. In addition not all women that are providers do volume. So please don't make assumptions about what the women make or don't make in this line of business.
Some people don't work alot(like me)so we really can't afford it!! But I have seen providers professional pics then met them and they looked nothing like it!! Gents have complained to me that I was nice to see because I don't put on a "mask" some of the providers are all dolled up in pics but when the gent opened the door they were in sweats and looked completely different-so I think a mixture is good-pictures may get some business but i think the #1 thing is word of mouth/reviews
A good photographer knows how to make your pictures look like YOU. Anyone can alter their identity (Photoshop). A good photographer can make you look good without all that. In the modeling world, models need portfolios to go get work. If they don't look like their photos, they'll get turned down at a go-see. Now a model would be pretty silly to alter her identity and go to a go see thinking she'll get the job. So yes it is possible to have professional pictures taken of you without photo-shop. It looks way classier than cell phone pictures. Saying your not going to take professional pictures because you don't want to alter your idenity is just another excuse. Photoshop alters your identity not the camera. Now if you can't afford it , that's another story. Anyone can create a profile on model mayhem and find at least 2 or 3 photographers that'll agree to shoot them on a time for prints basis.

.... I always keep a mixture of pictures. Both professional and self shot pics (with an actual camera) and I have heard no complaints. Good luck OP!
t just thought it odd that guys get crucified when we mention $ being tight and the hint of a discount is met with rage yet a beautiful woman with something to sell or trade that every man here is looking for is not chastised in the least for asking for a service gratis. i do understand costs involved and how difficult it is to make ends meet but i gotta wonder how many guys the op would be willing to do for free because we needed her service but could not afford it. unlike many businesses she has the abillity to structure rates and dates to generate the income needed to get services desired if thats the path she chooses.
Ok this wasn't necessary. You are judging her and you shouldn't. You don't know what the costs are involved to set up and maintain a business in the hobby. In addition not all women that are providers do volume. So please don't make assumptions about what the women make or don't make in this line of business. Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
A good photographer knows how to make your pictures look like YOU. Anyone can alter their identity (Photoshop). A good photographer can make you look good without all that. In the modeling world, models need portfolios to go get work. If they don't look like their photos, they'll get turned down at a go-see. Now a model would be pretty silly to alter her identity and go to a go see thinking she'll get the job. So yes it is possible to have professional pictures taken of you without photo-shop. It looks way classier than cell phone pictures. Saying your not going to take professional pictures because you don't want to alter your idenity is just another excuse. Photoshop alters your identity not the camera. Now if you can't afford it , that's another story. Anyone can create a profile on model mayhem and find at least 2 or 3 photographers that'll agree to shoot them on a time for prints basis.

.... I always keep a mixture of pictures. Both professional and self shot pics (with an actual camera) and I have heard no complaints. Good luck OP! Originally Posted by Naomi4u
Very, very true and well said

.... I always keep a mixture of pictures. Both professional and self shot pics (with an actual camera) and I have heard no complaints. Good luck OP! Originally Posted by Naomi4u

We are not models though lol-but yes I get what you are saying-I'm just saying if you look good with just cell phone picks you must be hott!! And the affordable thing-yeah that's a different story
We are not models though lol- Originally Posted by **Karla**
Some of us are...

It pretty much comes down to this. If you want people to take you seriously, get professional pictures.
However, I get what you're saying.
I don't claim to be an expert with a camera, but I'd be willing to take a few pictures before, during or after a session for a small discout or free if we hit it off. I am about 4 hours from Houston, but can't get away this weekend -- PM if interested.