Is anyone headed to the Beale St. Blues Festival?

I may head up to that festival this weekend:

http://www.bealestreet.com

Any pointers or tips for uninitiated?
Take wading boots lol. It is very muddy! Need some fun while there?
We have Jazz Fest coming, but I will be in Memphis for some of that one. Standing next to a thousand screaming, sweaty people shoulder to shoulder, is not really my COT though.
I AM HERE AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT ROCKIN!!
Thanks for the offers ladies, but Daddy already landed the hottest gal in Arkansas or Tennessee. I will tell you this area of the world has some of the most incredibly beautiful women I have ever seen in my life. I am sure we could have had a great time. I was like a kid in a candy store last night--and yes I had lots of beads to give away to all my future ex-wives! Maybe next time?

What a blast!

I love the Muddy Mardis Gras!

Beale St. is incredible. I didn't bother going to Lee Park last night--London nailed the sweaty throng image perfectly--ICK! Watching it from a couple hundred yards away was just my cup of tea.

The real fun was to be had wondering the clubs and seeing the local artists play--wow this region has some amazing talent--and hot women. The barbecue was delicious. I think I may make a habit of visiting this corner of the world.

If any one else is here look for me near the Tap Room tonight. I will be wearing a bunch of red and white beads. There were three different blues gardens to sit back and enjoy the music in that block--and THE PIG is right across the street.

I am no longer looking for a hobby connection--she plum wore me out--but if you want to hang, drink, eat, listen to great music come over and ask me for some beads--I won't even ask you to show me your tits.

Maybe I will even invite you to share some libation:

Apparently, I chose to go to Memphis after the big festivals. It is my first visit, so I hope some kind heart will show me around the town!
I'm HERE!!!!

Woot! Woot!
I've done the festival a few times. a great time. You do need the boots lol. The first time I went I saw all these girls with rubber boots on...then it started to rain and I mean RAIN lol. The next morning I got myself a pair lol. Check out Wilco they play tonight.
Memphis is one of those cities where Monday night the crowd goes to this place, Tue that place etc. If I remember correctly Thursday night it's the Peabody hotel where the ducks use the elevator?
Thanks for the offers ladies, but Daddy already landed the hottest gal in Arkansas or Tennessee... Originally Posted by Wetwork Daddy
I don't know about me being the hottest gal in AR or TN, lol...but after a night of countless Long Island's and now the biggest hangover I've probably ever had... I can for sure tell you I'm not feeling so hot today. Ouch!!

I definitely had a blast, though!! The James Govan Band is always my favorite attraction on Beale Street. They're so awesome!!!

And Daddy, you're not so bad yourself...candles, Godiva & massages... You were so great, I think YOU need a review.
The James Govan Boogie Blues Band was awesome.

The women in Memphis are simply beautiful. I love the tan legs and mud boots look--very sexy!

The food was fantastic. I plan to come back this summer, so if anyone knows of a great time other than May to enjoy the food and music at perhaps a smaller venue or festival, please post about it.

It doesn't seem like this board is much into throwing socials, but an impromptu blues pub crawl of like-minded people sure sounds like fun if anyone wants to go, I am game.

[PS@Ginger thanks for making my first Beale St. experience wonderful. As you know I am not a very big fan of writing public reviews, but if you need to send somebody my way for a vouch I will of course give them a glowing review.]