Subscriptions to threads that you started...

Just curious if there is a setting that I am overlooking. I've posted a review or two and I may have even started a thread or two and I believe each time that I have I have had to subscribe to the thread instead of being automatically subscribed to it.

Is there a setting that I am missing that deals with threads that I start?

I know that I am automatically subscribed to thread that I post in so just wondering...

lurklt

Just noticed that I was subscribed to this thread with having to click a button. Could it be just part of the Reviews?
are you wanting to subscribe or to not subscribe at all?
Wanting to be subscribed to a review that I started with out having to click "Thread Tools"
i havent seen an option to auto-subscribe. only just to how you are notified(email option). even when you write a review it doesnt look like you have a choice to subscribe right then. only after..
In the User CP...click on user options and see pic below

Hope that helps

LAP
Attached Images File Type: png pic.png (45.6 KB, 57 views)
nevermind
Same as blaktygre!!!!
Well with this thread, I was automatically subscribed (I checked the "Thread Tools" and the option there was to unsubcribe.)

I have another Review Brewing and will take a look when I post that one to see if I'm automatically subscribed to it. Last night when I posted a review I had to click the "Thread Tool" to subscribe to it.

Thanks and my User CP is set like in the picture.

lurklt

Same as blaktygre and dennisrn!!! Something new I guess lol!!!
lurklt, if I'm not mistaken, you should automatically be subscribing to threads regardless of whether you post in reply or when you start your own thread unless you've opted-out by selecting the "Do not subscribe" function either in your "Default Thread Subscription" or in the "Subscription" to that immediate thread.

Just to check...
Go to your User Control Panel ~~>Edit Options

Under Messaging And Notifications you'll see,
"Default Thread Subscription Mode" ~> (make your selection) and this will "set" your default subscription to perform this same function for all of your posts/threads.

Unless you selected, "Do not subscribe", you should automatically be subscribing to any/all threads in which you've posted.

(Also: when posting, before you hit "Submit Reply", check the "Thread Subscription" box, (2nd Box down under "Additional Options") and make sure that selection matches whatever you selected for your default.

Hopefully this didn't confuse the hell out of you...and if it did...contact LAP or Elgato. LMMFAO!

**Apologies...I was ping-ponging pms and your question was being answered. sorry
(Also: when posting, before you hit "Submit Reply", check the "Thread Subscription" box, (2nd Box down under "Additional Options") and make sure that selection matches whatever you selected for your default. Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
I'll keep an eye out for this part, I don't recall scrolling further down to see it, I just hit the Submit Thread or Reply button on New Threads.

**Apologies...I was ping-ponging pms and your question was being answered. sorry
Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
No Problem, ping-ponging is fun!
Just noticed that when posting a review there is no "Additional Options" box...

lurk_t