I've got the damn hiccups

And I've had them all last night and today, how do you stop this?? It's driving me crazy and I've never had them this long before.

I wish I could shoot my hiccups...of course that would leave a life-ending hole in my chest...
What I always do is hold my breath and sort of pressurize the breath I'm holding. I sort of like compress my chest to do that as if I'm trying to force air out by keeping it in at the same time. I'll hold that as long as I can. Sometimes if they are bad, I'll have to do that several times because sometimes you'll hiccup while holding your breath
Sonofadamnbitch... they stopped for about 30 minutes then started up again. Cussing out the hiccups doesn't help either, I know because I've been doing that for the last day.

Hiccups are assholes...
If hiccups are assholes, are you sure you're not just confused and you're farting? What or who did you eat yesterday?
That ain't helping dammit!!!
And I've had them all last night and today, how do you stop this?? It's driving me crazy and I've never had them this long before.

I wish I could shoot my hiccups...of course that would leave a life-ending hole in my chest... Originally Posted by Road Lizard
They have hiccup pills you may have to go to the doctor ive had to take them before meh
Get a glass of water with a straw put your fingers in your ears and hold your nose at the same time.. drink without breathing for 20 secs if you hiccup while doing it start over..
Did you by chance recently go to the doctor for a sinus infection or URI (Upper Respiratory Infection)? I have gotten several Decadron (Steroid) shots over the years for URIs. Once, about an hour after I got the shot, I got the hiccups for almost two days! No magic bullet to get rid of them, it just eventually wore off.
Aaaaahhhhhhh.... I got so frustrated that I took a walk without my dogs, about 2 blocks later, I burped and stopped hiccupping. Weird. 10 minutes ago, I started hiccupping again. Son of a damn BITCH.

I've heard of 'death by mis-adverture' but this stupid crap is going to be the end of me and it won't even be a good story... sonofadamnbitch.
Hue, just read your post and nope, I haven't seen a doctor lately. I have my doctor's personal cell number and I wouldn't hesitate to call him. He might not answer because he still owes me a 100 bucks from the superbowl... cheap bastard.
Hue, just read your post and nope, I haven't seen a doctor lately. I have my doctor's personal cell number and I wouldn't hesitate to call him. He might not answer because he still owes me a 100 bucks from the superbowl... cheap bastard. Originally Posted by Road Lizard
Try what I suggested
Try what I suggested Originally Posted by Amiliah Rayne
Ok that's as weird as hell but it worked!!!

I didn't know that I had any straws at home, I guess the ex-wife bought them a few years ago.

Anyway, it actually worked! THANK YOU!!!
Ain't ECCIE great? Not only can you get laid, but you get free medical advice as well!

JaG