Tell me again why Facebook is a good thing?

Can't you adjust your settings on fb so this kind of thing doesn't happen?
social media will be found to be the worse thing since tobacco
If it's that big of a problem a girl can just not have personal social media. There is always a risk. So far, by having a private account, not linking any phone numbers, and not downloading the messenger app, I haven't had any issues.

If you download the app, it will pull phone numbers out of your phone and then show those people as people you may know. It's a pain in the ass not having the app because it means I cannot check my fb messages via my phone (the only way to check message on mobile is with the app - you cannot do it through the browser).

There are things we can do to decrease risk but there is always the potential to be outted
Can't you adjust your settings on fb so this kind of thing doesn't happen? Originally Posted by ddnutz

Yes you can. You can block everybody and not make your account public at all
If it's that big of a problem a girl can just not have personal social media. There is always a risk. So far, by having a private account, not linking any phone numbers, and not downloading the messenger app, I haven't had any issues.

If you download the app, it will pull phone numbers out of your phone and then show those people as people you may know. It's a pain in the ass not having the app because it means I cannot check my fb messages via my phone (the only way to check message on mobile is with the app - you cannot do it through the browser).

There are things we can do to decrease risk but there is always the potential to be outted Originally Posted by bustybabygirl

I have a personal line, and a work phone, I don't download any social media on my work line. Because I've had it link up with my Facebook previously before, and everyone that knows me said nothing, someone knew from the other site mentioned it to me in an email then I did all the editing. I got a new phone number and never downloaded any social media on my work line...