it's time to get real with professional sports

It is way past time to realize professional sports teams are entertainment, nothing more than that.

However, the way they have marketed themselves, they get big cities and viewers to pay through the nose - and disguise themselves as belonging to the communities.

Who gets to pay for........stadiums, tickets, parking, food, all at outrageous prices no other organization could get away with ? Not them.

Who doesn't attend the Houston Astros celebration parade - Justin Verlander.

It's time to realize sports teams only take the name of the city or community. They don't belong to the city at all. The owners pocket the money.
It is way past time to realize professional sports teams are entertainment, nothing more than that.

However, the way they have marketed themselves, they get big cities and viewers to pay through the nose - and disguise themselves as belonging to the communities.

Who gets to pay for........stadiums, tickets, parking, food, all at outrageous prices no other organization could get away with ? Not them.

Who doesn't attend the Houston Astros celebration parade - Justin Verlander.

It's time to realize sports teams only take the name of the city or community. They don't belong to the city at all. The owners pocket the money. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Yea the team has no loyalty to the city, I guess the Houston strong patch on the Astros uniforms was a figment of my imagination.

About Verlander, give us a break, dude had a big wedding scheduled in Italy, no doubt it probably was a million dollar wedding, both of them being highly in the public eye.

You're going to have to do better than this stuff.
When cities actually "own" the professional sports team, that will fix things.

Maybe we can move on to the NCAA and fix that.
You don't have friends in real life to discuss these topics with?
You don't have friends in real life to discuss these topics with? Originally Posted by NubianPrince
Yet you joined the discussion
^^^ TFF
I will be getting laid for two hours during the Texans game today.
Money and time much better spent.
I do think I will get her to take knee or two.
St. Louis seems to be getting along fine without a football team - the citizens don't have to pay for a new stadium. San Diego had the voters decide and they decided not to pay for a new stadium - then the team left.

Minnesota finally caved in to pay for new stadium, after the team threatened to leave for several years. Here's what they get to pay for. Of course, they don't actually own the team - that's why they also get to pay through the nose for tickets, food, parking, and all the rest.

But aren't they the Minnesota Vikings ? - well, as long as you cave in to their demands.