images in signatures

Is it possible to insert an image in your signature? I tried the usual img insert line but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if it is possible, and how to do it?
It can be done, cuz I see ladies do it all of the time.

Now, as I am technically challenged, don't ask me how.

I remember in a world a long time ago, signature lines had limits placed on them. While I am never one to want to inhibit free expression of the female form, when it results in substantial delays loading a thread because every poster has added a 2 meg photo to their sig line, I think a lot of us will complain.
Host it on a hosting site and the paste the link into the sig area... Call me if you need help and I will walk you through it. Its the same way I did mine.
Thanks Ivy.. that's what I was doing, and I KNOW it works for providers, but it won't work on my signature. (works every else on this site for me.. just not on my signature) I'm thinking that feature may not be available to me because I am not a paying member. It works on threads.. see below.. just not on a signature

That's a very nice signature
Thank you for the nice compliment, Selena.. I just wish I COULD make it my signature.. actually I have to paste the URL in manually everytime... but it works.. NOW, the only thing that would make my signature better would be to have YOU in it!!! LOL