This could / will affect our hobby....

Read linked article concerning a new new law about to be signed into law.

In a nut shell.

Quote:
The House and the Senate have both passed the Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act (or FOSTA for short), but don’t let its name fool you: it will do essentially nothing to stop sex trafficking, according to the Electronic Frontier Foundation. If signed into law by the president, FOSTA will change the dynamic between users and the sites they visit by making online platforms criminally and civilly responsible for the actions of their users.
��
  • cajun
  • 03-22-2018, 10:23 PM
Yep. CL already shut down it's personals section
Well I be damn! Damn sure did.. if nothing else I enjoyed reading the crazy shit. CL personals are gone.
BP is still up for now
Trying to ruin all our fun smh
Also looks lik BP has had a significant increase is post today most likely as a result of that new law. Some of them are dang nice looking too
Rolling Stone has a good article on the pending law.

How a New Senate Bill Will Screw Over Sex Workers
I disagree with you all. I am very much looking forward to the passage of this law.
I disagree with you all. I am very much looking forward to the passage of this law. Originally Posted by playwithkate
Could you elaborate as to why you feel the way you do? I’d be interested in hearing your theory.
Could you elaborate as to why you feel the way you do? I’d be interested in hearing your theory. Originally Posted by drinkindreamin
Not speaking for her, but a lot of providers feel it will drive up rates.
Not speaking for her, but a lot of providers feel it will drive up rates. Originally Posted by Headkeeper
Interesting... I should have known. It’s not actually about trafficking or someones safety but greed and how the law can be profitable ..being that the law reduces the competition. Well services are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Personally I’ve played and paid til it’s about played out. We shall see...
Looks like Backpage is shutdown!!!