Just a PSA

Okay maybe mini rant too.

Guys, y'all need to practice saying, texting or typing just 4 little words.

I CAN'T MAKE IT.

Please stop
Breaking down your car
Killing off relatives
Forgetting important meetings
Running to the ER
Telling us about your nephews girlfriend's second cousins uncle who just happened to come visit, need help, break down their car etc., etc.,

Truth is
I really don't care what your reason is. I've also heard pretty much every reason there is so no need to say more than those 4 words.

As long as one cancels within a reasonable amount of time there's no harm no foul. At least not for me.

Last minute cancellations suck for everyone involved. It leaves a bad impression that isn't easily forgotten.

It also leaves me with more fishing time. NOT a prob.

I'm sure some of you completely understand my point of view and others never will.

Thanks for reading,
I said my piece, now y'all can turn this into a "But girls do this" thread.

PS
Happy Hump Day
When I book, I say that I don’t ever miss appointments when I set them. I still get ghosted sometimes. I’m like a lot of you. The chase is one part of this. Maybe the power to ghost and not be reported to the bbb is fun for a ho.
Was the issue last min cancellations or cancelling after the fact and providing one of the excuses from Letterman's Top 10 Excuses For Why I'm Not Coming?
Cancelling after the fact??

Like I'd even take a message from someone who NCNS'D me?
Pffft.

The issue is lame excuses in general. I think most of us are at the point wherein we don't believe the excuses anyway so why bother.

You guys don't disappoint though, first response was about how the ladies do it too. Lolololololol

Everyone does it, male female and in between
Cancelling after the fact, like agreeing to a time and supposedly being on the way only to cancel 5 minutes after the bell rang for class to begin.

Not a full on NCNS
Cancelling after the fact, like agreeing to a time and supposedly being on the way only to cancel 5 minutes after the bell rang for class to begin.

Not a full on NCNS Originally Posted by Atomic Hamster
In who's opinion?

In my opinion, not being there without a call by the appointed time is a NCNS.

In fact, if I don't hear from my date within an hour prior to the agreed time I consider the date cancelled.

That's just me though and not everyone agrees.
It was years ago, but you have done NC/NS to me Jinny. Maybe you have improved since then, but I have never ever done that. I never tried to reschedule; I don't give second chances to those who NC/NS.
In who's opinion?

In my opinion, not being there without a call by the appointed time is a NCNS.

In fact, if I don't hear from my date within an hour prior to the agreed time I consider the date cancelled.

That's just me though and not everyone agrees. Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
Mine. I see granularity between a late call and a true ncns because sometimes legitimate shit happens.

You clearly don't agree and that's ok by me. I'm not saying it's right or not also disrespectful. I do at least see some effort and acknowledgement to state that you're not coming, albeit late notice.
Sometimes shit happens....but it shouldnt happen that often. Soon as you know.....sorry, I cant make it seems fair enough. But hey, what can you expect....it seems like the whole fucking world has lost the ability to be civil in all realms.
...it seems like the whole fucking world has lost the ability to be civil in all realms. Originally Posted by sjomonty
Isn't that the truth.

Sorry Woodstick, I don't recall and yes I had improved a lot since regarding scheduling.
No worries. As you said, it was long ago.
I have heard some crazy excuses too. But I think it’s cute when they try so hard to make me believe them. If I have at least an hour notice for a cancel I don’t care what the excuse is. It’s no sweat off my back. I have only gotten angry when people have confirmed said they are on their way and then really ncns.
Personally, I'm a zen master when it comes to scheduling and time management. When I commit to something I make every effort to meet my commitment. However, occasionally monkey wrenches get thrown around. But, I see no reason to not let a provider know as soon as one of those wrenches hits your plan. And, I would never not do that, unless I'm dead or unconscious.

Now, that said, I cannot count how many times providers have gone on radio silence at the last minute or offered some goofy excuse, leaving me hanging.

It's a two way street, folks.
Personally, I'm a zen master when it comes to scheduling and time management. When I commit to something I make every effort to meet my commitment. However, occasionally monkey wrenches get thrown around. But, I see no reason to not let a provider know as soon as one of those wrenches hits your plan. And, I would never not do that, unless I'm dead or unconscious.

Now, that said, I cannot count how many times providers have gone on radio silence at the last minute or offered some goofy excuse, leaving me hanging.

It's a two way street, folks. Originally Posted by Big Stig
I agree completely Stig.

I think in all my years, I have had to cancel twice. And both those were appointments booked several days in advance - and my work schedule really did change. I guess I can assume from this thread the provider may have thought that was a story - but I did give her 1 or 2 days notice as soon as I knew. Should I really not have given any explanation? Apparently so based on the comments above since it appears providers don't believe them. I just think it is rude not to explain yourself. Oh well.

Now on the other hand, I have had far more cancellations / excuses / radio silence from providers than my two cancellations.

And Jinny - I am not sure this makes sense

"In my opinion, not being there without a call by the appointed time is a NCNS."

What happens if there are traffic issues and someone arrives 5 or 10 minutes late. While I pride myself for being on time, on a couple occasions traffic has occurred. When it does, I will always text if I can and make sure it is not an issue. Easy to do like last Friday when I was in a standstill on I79 due to rush hour traffic on the holiday weekend. But what if it had just been slow traffic where it would be hard / unsafe to text? You really consider it a NCNS if someone runs 5 minutes late without a text or call?

Man if that is the case, I have been NCNS's tons of times by providers who "just need" an extra 5 or 10 minutes
I have never NC/NS. I hate it when it happens to me. Like dude, just text real quick...it takes 3 seconds.

I have had to cancel on a few occasions, and by few I mean less than a half dozen times over the years.
Once I even gave the option..."sweetie I'm not feeling well at all, I think it's a stomachache bug. I'd be happy to see you if you wanna chance getting sick." Perhaps I am a workaholic