Good Bars

Are there any good bars in SA for the over 40 set?

Used to be some fairly good ones here and there but the scene I used to know has dried up.

Thanks in advance.
The Martini Club!
I need to check out The Martini Club!

As for bars, it depends on what you're looking for. Currently, I love High Street, in the Pearl, for an excellent menu of wines, champagnes and craft beers (no liquor), and they also serve small charcuterie plates. I enjoy Paramour for the same reasons. If these are a little too snobby for your tastes, or if you prefer "dive bars" or local hangouts, I sugfest The Hangar on Broadway or Oak Hills Tavern or The Highlander on Fredricksburg Road. Cooties, just off Jones Maltzberger, also has a laid back vibe and I've rarely seen the barely 21 crowd there.

I hope this is helpful!
Speaking of martinis, as you mingle in various clubs you want to find a connection who can wrangle you an invitation to The Martini Party. It’s an annual event, and features the finest collection of dolled-up MILFs (many single and on the hunt) in town.
Yeah I went to that once, maybe 20 years ago. It used to have some connection to Raffles didn't it?
Yeah I went to that once, maybe 20 years ago. It used to have some connection to Raffles didn't it? Originally Posted by Jack Ruby
A lot of the Raffles regulars would go. I went 3 or 4 times. It’s a great party. The group is known as PARTI - People Always Ready To Imbibe.
  • oam
  • 09-20-2018, 06:50 PM
For those up in the New Braunfels area, there is a place called Lone Star Bar. Always had a good time there.