NBC News’ Megyn Kelly Calls Brett Kavanaugh Hearings “A Farce”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...222331747.html

Dawn C. Chmielewski,Deadline 8 hours ago

NBC morning news show host Megyn Kelly described the Senate hearings in which Dr. Christine Blasey Ford brought her sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh a “farce.”

The former litigator said the hours-long process wasn’t about getting to the truth. It lacked the checks and balances of true judicial process.

“The whole ting was a farce. It was set up to be a farce,” Kelly said during a panel session today at Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Summit. “There was no impartial arbiter in that Senate hearing room.”

Kelly said the proceeding wasn’t about getting to the truth, but rather deciding whether to confirm Kavanaugh to a lifetime Supreme Court appointment. The judge was denied due process and Ford was unlikely to be believed by most Republicans, Kelly said.

“It’s going to be utterly unsatisfactory,” Kelly said.

Earlier this week, Kelly fired off a series of tweets in which she challenged the credibility of Julie Swetnick, the third woman to accuse Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct. The attack prompted backlash online from some who accused Kelly of victim-shaming.

“The notion that *every* woman must be believed is absurd,” Kelly wrote in a series of tweets Monday night. “Just ask the 3 Duke lax players who were falsely accused of rape by a woman who virtually all of the media believed but who made the whole thing up.”

Kelly, a former corporate litigator, has been chipping away at Swetnick on the air, and on social media. The Hill reported she devoted a large portion of Megyn Kelly Today to the woman who claims she witnessed Kavanaugh in high school attempting to get teenage girls “inebriated and disoriented so they could then be ‘gang raped.'”

During a discussion, Kelly cited an OregonLive.com report that Swetnick was accused of lying about her education and work experience at a Portland tech company. Online, she surfaced an Associated Press report of a personal injury complaint she filed against the Washington Area Transit Authority, in which she claimed she lost modeling work to an employer who turned out to be a friend.

In one particularly pointed post directed at the woman’s attorney, Michael Avenatti, Kelly observed, “The #MeToo mvmt doesn’t shield accusers from tough Qs,” Kelly posted. “Most women tell the truth, but not all do.”
Okay anybody with a living brain cell understands its absurd , just more obstruction
If BK gets confirmed, the Democrats will have some SCOTUS payback. They probably calculated they had to do whatever it takes in order for him not to get on.
  • grean
  • 10-03-2018, 09:42 AM
The only reason this fiasco didn't happen for Gorsuch was because the election was too far away.

If Trump tried nominating Jesus Christ, now, the Democrats would some how find pictures of him being gangbanged by all 12 apostles and video of him robbing the blind man.

Had the Republicans not held the majority to prevent calling a vote to begin with, we would have heard all Merrick's skeletons rattling just like Kavanaugh.
  • grean
  • 10-03-2018, 09:53 AM
If BK gets confirmed, the Democrats will have some SCOTUS payback. They probably calculated they had to do whatever it takes in order for him not to get on. Originally Posted by gnadfly
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/02/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-nomination-democrats-set-perjury-trap-column/1491282002/

I think they have impeachment on grounds of perjury in mind.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/10/02/brett-kavanaugh-supreme-court-nomination-democrats-set-perjury-trap-column/1491282002/

I think they have impeachment on grounds of perjury in mind.
Originally Posted by grean
Pipe dream. The dim-retards aren't going to win the Senate, and the Rinos like Flake and McCain will be gone. The Republicans are not going to impeach a man they have fought so hard to confirm.
  • grean
  • 10-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Pipe dream. The dim-retards aren't going to win the Senate, and the Rinos like Flake and McCain will be gone. The Republicans are not going to impeach a man they have fought so hard to confirm. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Obviously this scenario is if Democrats have overwhelming majority in the Senate. Like you said that's unlikely. However, they have to play their hand now of they plan on doing anything.
Obviously this scenario is if Democrats have overwhelming majority in the Senate. Like you said that's unlikely. However, they have to play their hand now of they plan on doing anything. Originally Posted by grean
Indeed. They need 67 votes, and they won't even have 51. The Republicans are not going to impeach Kavanaugh, a man they have fought so hard through these farcical hearings to confirm.
How long will it take to fire Kelley? She’s bucking their narrative.
  • grean
  • 10-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Indeed. They need 67 votes, and they won't even have 51. The Republicans are not going to impeach Kavanaugh, a man they have fought so hard through these farcical hearings to confirm.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Is it 67? They changed the rules for confirmation to 51. Does impeachment still need super majority?

I said overwhelming because there are some Democrats that would not vote to impeach. If they need 67, that's almost impossible. IF, and thats a capital boldfaced if, they have 67 democrats after midterm in the senate, a good majority of those will be because of conservative voters who felt the spending bill by Republicans was too far. Those democrats less they wish to lose their seat the very next term would not piss off their constituents by impeaching Kavanaugh on a technicality.
Is it 67? They changed the rules for confirmation to 51. Does impeachment still need super majority?

I said overwhelming because there are some Democrats that would not vote to impeach. If they need 67, that's almost impossible. IF, and thats a capital boldfaced if, they have 67 democrats after midterm in the senate, a good majority of those will be because of conservative voters who felt the spending bill by Republicans was too far. Those democrats less they wish to lose their seat the very next term would not piss off their constituents by impeaching Kavanaugh on a technicality. Originally Posted by grean

Of course they need 67, just like they would in the case of a Senate trial of an impeached president. An impeachment trial in the Senate is not simply the inverse of a confirmation process. Also, the Democrats seem unlikely to pick up any Senate seats in the midterms, and in my estimation are far more likely to lose at least one or two.
Victim shaming my ass. I'm with Megyn. This is such a travesty. It's gonna come back to those evil dems and bite them in the ass- big time. They should all go to a rape crises center and work there one week and see what a true victim of sexual assault really is. SMH
Kelley? She’s bucking their narrative, and victim shaming that's ridiculous claims by people that cant prove anything ,,,,
With how Megan went liberal last year, this is shocking!