Let's Review the Election Results

Still some races to be decided but let's look at what we have so far.

Democrats win back the House with around 230 seats. Democrats flipped 29 Republican seats and Republicans flipped 1 Democratic seat. Very nice win for the Democrats.

Republicans will win several seats from Democrats -- Missouri, ND, Indiana, probably Florida, maybe Montana. Arizona unknown. Lost Nevada. States that voted solidly for Trump in 2016 ousted Democrats. Very, very nice night for Republicans.

Democrats won back a number of Governorships nationwide but also lost some high profile races in Florida, Ohio, and probably Georgia. A good night for Democrats but not as good as they would have liked.

My predictions were 1) A Democratic take over in the House. (2) Democrats would be lucky to hold the 49-51 margin in the Senate and would probably lose another seat. (3) Beto O'Rourke would lose but not nearly as much as polls had him losing by. I predicted a loss by less than 5 points.

Looks like I was right on all 3 but I underestimated the Democratic losses in the Senate.

What does this mean for 2020? I have no idea.
What does this mean for 2020? I have no idea. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Trump gets re-elected if he wants the job for another four years.
The results of last night will not be known untill we see how the Democrats handle their control of the House.

If they follow the lead of Nadler, Cummings, Waters and a few other entrenched members and waste 2 years trying to undo the 2016 Presidential Election, they will pave the way for President Trump's re-election.

It's time for the Democrats to stop fighting the President and help him govern.

And yes, President Trump needs to get with reasonable Democrats and work out great solutions for the Country.

Just my opinion, but I think the biggest story is not the Democrats taking back the House, but rather the Republicans increasing their majority in the Senate.

Those that don't recognize this will see the importance when President Trump fires Jeff Sessions and has another Supreme Court Pick.

Keep in mind, all of this is going down with President Trump fighting a 88 percent negative reporting from all Main Stream Media Outlets.

Just think what he could accomplish with just a smidgen of support from the Press.
Well I won $500 dollars - no blue wave! Whoohoo!

The election was what I kinda expected.

I knew Cruz would win in Texas - although I am not a Cruz fan, he can help Trump.

I wish they all could work together to help the American people. Maybe one day.

I knew Cruz would win in Texas - although I am not a Cruz fan, he can help Trump.
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
probably the happiest person in the u.s. that beta didn't win is julian castro
  • WTF
  • 11-07-2018, 07:19 AM
Well I won $500 dollars - no blue wave! Whoohoo!
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
The Dems flipped the House...
Yes dear I know that but they did not get the Senate......

The Dems flipped the House... Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 11-07-2018, 07:27 AM
Yes dear I know that but they did not get the Senate...... Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
They were never going to flip the Senate.

In fact not one single person that understood politics thought that would happen.

They will gain seats in 2020 because there are more GOP seats up for reelection.

The blue wave was in the House.
The bet I made was done way back in March.. The blue wave was taking the House and Senate back. That did not happen.

In fact not one single person that understood politics thought that would happen.

They will gain seats in 2020 because there are more GOP seats up for reelection.

The blue wave was in the House. Originally Posted by WTF
Oh and send me those folks that don't understand politics. I'll make a bet with them

The blue wave was in the House. Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 11-07-2018, 07:41 AM
The bet I made was done way back in March.. The blue wave was taking the House and Senate back. That did not happen. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Yea...who ever made that bet with you did not understand politics. Good bet on your part.

I think I won a bet with dilbert.

dilbert...whatever the bet was , you don't have to pay up. You had no chance. Wasn't really a fair bet.
the dims were and are and have continued their campaign to undermine our republican form of government

talking about the gross number of votes, decrying the fact small states get two senators, hating the senate itself, despising the electoral college, left wing states trying to lessen the effect of elector votes in their respective states

(all the while i might add, they had their "super delegates" and their dnc corrupting their own processes to favor the powerful)

just the other day one of their mouth piece" journalists" , ezra klein, was on tv talking about and wondering what might happen and how unfair it was that the dims might get, what was he claiming?, 7% more in total votes?, and maybe not have any control in any branch of the government

several in here have complained about the same thing

now last night I read somewhere that republicans received 1% more in total votes than dims did

not that it matters at all, because it doesn't, and I haven't double checked that but there ya go
Well I think you will see more obstruction from the dims and more "investigations " in the hopes of 2020 , which could be go or bad. Most people I talk with are just tired of the Washington inactivity.
Well I think you will see more obstruction from the dims and more "investigations " in the hopes of 2020 , which could be go or bad. Most people I talk with are just tired of the Washington inactivity. Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Good morning.

I’d like to know what obstruction the “dims” have succeeded at since the GOP took the majority in both houses 8 years ago?

I agree, you’ll see more “investigations.” And I think they’ll be bad for the Orange Sphincter and “go” for the nation.
Yes dear I know that but they did not get the Senate...... Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Wasn’t gonna happen. Beto got very close to KKKruz.

And at the House level, the people sent a loud, clear message to the Liar In Chief.

Naturally, he’s pre-emotively threatening the Democrats already.

Surprise. Reality will sink in soon.

Say good night DONNIE!