King Cake

Where y’all getting your good King Cakes this year?
I got one off centenary from lilahs.. awesome!! Best one I’ve had..EVER!!
That's where i like to get mine, also
There is no such thing as good king cake. Some are just worst than others. I never did figure out the attraction other than its like Russian Roulette, you take a bite and hope you don't choke to death on the baby.

Enjoy...
Signed,
Negative Nancy...
There is no such thing as good king cake. Some are just worst than others. I never did figure out the attraction other than its like Russian Roulette, you take a bite and hope you don't choke to death on the baby.

Enjoy...
Signed,
Negative Nancy... Originally Posted by Headkeeper
Seriously, I’ve never like them much either but this one is so good. Some how I don’t think I’ll convince you.
I'm just fuckin' with you DD. Enjoy.
What is a King Cake?
Pastry cake made during Lent/ Mardi Gras season here in La. It’s about like a cinnamon roll with filling. I prefer cream cheese. Gambino is probably the most well known here in La.
Good king cakes are hard to find. I prefer cream cheese or raspberry filling and without the "crunchy" sugar on top.

If any of my Monroe area people know a local place that has them, let me know!
Should I bring you one from the SBC area Ava ? I frequent your neck of the woods daily
Should I bring you one from the SBC area Ava ? I frequent your neck of the woods daily Originally Posted by gsm1982
Awesome! Thank you so much for the offer!
  • GMTA
  • 01-21-2019, 02:02 AM
Gambinos used to be good but since it was sold some yrs ago . The quality went way down, new owner was just after a dollar and switch to way cheaper ingredients which means you should get your king cake from Walmart not Gambinos.
Southern Donuts make a killer filled King cake! Lots of flavors to pick from.