The importance of proper measurements...

My boobies are coming up on their one year birthday and I had never been properly sized. I self measured myself by trying on bras and figured I was a 36D by what I tried on.

Well today one of my faves took me shopping and we stopped at Vicki's. Apparently I'm actually a 34DDD.

Ladies, go get sized if you've never been. It's free and you might be surprised! And to think, I had boob envy still. 😅
DDD= F's
all my younger years I was saying I'm a 38DD
wet to go get measured .. 38FF (0)(0)
DDDs equal Fs for real?! I swear they do NOT look that big to me. Not sure if it's because I'm tall or what lol
If you're speaking of Victoria's Secrets they don't always measure correctly. I'd be real careful using their measurements especially if your cups are that large. I was told I was a double d by them and they'll swear up and down that I am when I'm actually a double f. And when you get into those type of sizes you can't use sister sizes since I'm a 34 ff. I went to an upscale lingerie shop to get my actual size and just to confirm I went across town to another upscale lingerie shop and they confirmed. The reason why it was so important is because the weight distribution. It made a huge difference when I got the proper bra and it took the weight off of my shoulders and put it elsewhere.
I just googled it and yup. DDD can equal an E or F depending on the company. Some companies skip E size
what ever the size, they are amazing
The bra fit much better honestly. And per the sales lady, your size can vary per company, every company doesn't make them exactly the same. That's just what she said. ����♀️
When I was younger, I so wanted a career as a professional bra fitter.
Victoria's Secrets does nothing for me
only thing fits me there is body lotions LOL

VS is way off if your natural (0)(0) lol
Frederick's Of Hollywood fits better

Nordstrom has the best fitters ..
When I was younger, I so wanted a career as a professional bra fitter. Originally Posted by tpepsi
Its not that exciting baby. Lol she literally gave me a bra to try on and then we went from there till we found the size that fits perfect
I take my SO to The Bra Box on Blanco for her undergarments. They said the same thing, that the retail giants often do not measure you ladies the right way. And I had no idea that custom bras can cost $$$!
Y'all are gonna make me go in for a second opinion now ����
i pay about from $60-$100 each

A Bra life spanned is about 3 months

wash by hand / no dryer
Its not that exciting baby. Lol she literally gave me a bra to try on and then we went from there till we found the size that fits perfect Originally Posted by lovelyevelyn
Hmmm, not quite what I envisioned.
This is how have had it done .

Measure your band. Wear a lightly lined (non-push-up) bra so your breasts are as close to natural as possible. Wrap a measuring tape directly under your breasts. Make sure it’s directly parallel with the bottom of the bra band.
Now measure your bust. Place the tape at the fullest part of your bust. Make sure it’s parallel to your band again.

Subtract the band size from your bust size to find the right cup size. Every inch equals one cup size up. Check our chart below.

difference cup size cup size
1" A cup 7" F cup
2" B cup 8" G cup
3" C cup 9" H cup
4" D cup 10" I cup
5" DD cup 11" J cup
6" DDD cup 12" K cup