Retro games

Found my absolute favorite shopping center in hurst for my vintage hobby. There is a store called vintage freak which has record players, vinyls, collectables and all kinds of treasure. The second is a classic game store and repair shop and my new fav....

A retro quarter arcade!
I was in love, $3 all day pass and .25 a game.

I played galaga (my fav), Ms PAC man, Street fighter, dig dug and a few pinball machines.

What was your fav retro game? Arcade or console?
  • BLM69
  • 04-30-2019, 08:47 PM
Hell yes! I only like retro games and played these as a kid, centipede was another early one not on your list, track and field and pole position was my favorite as a kid
I love top down shooters. Spent lots of quarters on those games. The Aliens vs. Predator arcade was amazing too!

If you like retro games, check out Retropalooza. It's a retro gaming convention in Arlington.
Ms Pacman and tempest was my favorites. I miss my old Atari 2600..
  • BLM69
  • 04-30-2019, 11:15 PM
They make new retro game consoles, they even make knockoffs, both come with all the old games loaded and have HDMI inputs. Super Nintendo was a game changer, super high tech
  • Go4it
  • 05-01-2019, 01:28 AM
I'll kick your ass at PONG!!!!! LMAO
I have the mini Nintendo that has the games loaded on it, the original Nintendo and Sega in storage and also a mini version of galaga on my side table.

I'm so happy this place is right down the street now.
Street Fighter II. That was my jam. I also loved Dragon's Lair and the original Star Wars.
Missile Command and Asteroids were my favorite.

I eventually got good enough at Missile Command I could play for 20-30 minutes at a time. LOVED that game!!

PS: If anyone has any sources to buy PC versions of these, please post!! I'll check out Vintage Freak as well.

Proud Note: I my younger years, I has an Atari system, NOBODY could beat me at Tennis, I was undefeated. got several "awards" patches and stuff from various other car racing games.
  • BLM69
  • 05-01-2019, 08:23 AM
I have a couple of NVIDIA SHIELD TV Gaming Edition - 4K, I use it for streaming my 700+ channels and PPV events, I know there's a way to upload ALL of the retro games into this console, I just seen a video on it.

Read up on what this box can do, it's the best $ can buy for entertainment, including gaming. You would need to learn how to upload the apk's and security needed, all the information is out there

Wait a minute; how can we forget the donkey Kong games? Original donkey Kong, donkey Kong Jr.
Found my absolute favorite shopping center in hurst for my vintage hobby. There is a store called vintage freak which has record players, vinyls, collectables and all kinds of treasure. The second is a classic game store and repair shop and my new fav....

A retro quarter arcade!
I was in love, $3 all day pass and .25 a game.

I played galaga (my fav), Ms PAC man, Street fighter, dig dug and a few pinball machines.

What was your fav retro game? Arcade or console? Originally Posted by LadyAnastasia
Thanks for sharing this is awesome. I will have to make the trek over there. My favorites are Galaga, Asteroids, and PAC-Man
I got a Mini-Nintendo this past Christmas. I wanted one two years ago when they first came out, but people were asking 3 - 5 times the MSRP on them.

I love it, I think it has..32 games? And all the classics. I played it for hours when I first got it, and still do from time to time. I even found a hack to put up to 3500 games on it (the HD is large enough to hold them all).

I have been collecting NES games for years, I have over 400 lol...my favorite collection though is my Virtual Boy, I have a retail kiosk and all but 2 of the games.

If you like arcade games, Free Play in Arlington has one of the most extensive collections of all original arcade cabinets I have ever seen. $10 entry, all games are free play, and a decent craft beer selection!
Super Mario World for NES...... foreverrrrrrrr
Super Mario World for NES...... foreverrrrrrrr Originally Posted by LuciaConte
Except Super Mario World was for SNES...